CHAPTER FOUR

ON MY WAY,
CHAPTER FOUR

MIKEY sat against the wall, waiting for jill come back into the control center

MIKEY sat against the wall, waiting for jill come back into the control center. thoughts rummaged through his head as he thought about each possible outcome. "relax, mike." he said to himself, taking a deep breath. "she's probably on her way out right now. she's fine." he mumbled, jumping up as the door opened.

"you're alive." he smiled, causing jill to chuckle softly. he stands up, picking up his bag. "i thought you were a goner for a minute." he frowns, sliding his bag on. jill smiles, patting the boy's shoulder.

"i kept my end of the deal, didn't i?" she asked with a playful smile growing onto her face. without warning, mikey pulled jill into a tight hug. jill was taken aback by the teenager's actions. however, she hugged mikey back tightly, staying in that position for a while.

after a few minutes, jill pulls away with a small smile on her face. "let's turn the power on." she says with mikey nodding in agreement. jill walks over to the control panel, switching on the power. the huge eggs on top of the plant starts following down, causing jill to sigh in relief. "enjoy that." she remarked, watching the frightening sight crumble.

"so now we just have to fix the direction of the tracks, right?" mikey questioned, walking towards the door. jill nodded, replying to the boy with a simple "yup." as the two walked out of the control room, they started walking down the stairs of the facility. jill takes out her radio, immediately contacting carlos.

"carlos, it's jill. i've restored power to the subway." she informed, walking down the stairway. mikey made sure to listen to their conversation closely as they walked.

"nice going. next up is the traffic control system." carlos started. "it should be in the subway's company's office." carlos said, causing mikey to nod slightly.

"right, i think i know the building." jill responded, making her way to the bottom floor.

"really? way to go, partner. one step ahead!" carlos complimented, causing mikey to stiffle his laughter. 'damn, this guy is so thirsty for her.' he thought to himself, letting out a small chuckle. jill rolled her eyes at carlos's comment. "not your partner." she turned off the radio, letting out a soft sigh.

mikey laughed. "way to go partner. one step ahead." mikey mocked, wrapping his arm around jill's shoulder.

jill gives mikey a fake, teasing laugh. "so you have jokes now?" jill scoffed, walking with the boy. mikey nodded, glancing at the girl. "oh i have more." he started, causing jill to do the most hardest eye roll she has ever done. "i'm just saving them for the right time." the two of them started walking towards an empty street that only had one light on.

"remind me to never--." jill yelps and mikey falls to the floor as the brick wall next to them bursts open. "are shitting me?" she exclaimed. mikey looks up only to see that there was a deathly looking creature standing over him. his face was deformed but he was extremely tall, taller than the average man to be exact. the creature also had a long black coat and black rubber boots.

"mikey, run! let's go!" she yelled, helping mikey up. the two start to turn the alley running towards the room they came from. two zombies tried to grab them, only for them to miss. all mikey could hear was the loud, defeaning footsteps of the monster chasing after them. the two climb up the stairs and quickly run inside of the room. jill locks the door climbing down the stairs anxiously, pulling out her radio to contact carlos.

mikey leans against the wall, trying to regain his stamina. "carlos, that thing is still alive. it's after us!" jill informed, walking over to mikey to see if he was okay in the process.

"what? run! come back to the station." carlos ordered, causing jill to shake her head.

"not until i get traffic control online!" jill takes her radio and shoves it into his pocket. "mikey, are you alright?" jill asked, examining mikey for any cuts or bruises.

"i'm fine, just shaken up." mikey sighs, looking at jill with fear in his eyes, "what is that thing and why is it after us?" he questioned with his voice trembling lightly.

"i-i don't know. but it's not after you, i promise." jill rubs his shoulder, causing mikey to look down. the door starts to make loud thump noises, causing mikey look over in fear. "c'mon, we gotta go. stay by me at all times, unless i say so. okay?" mikey nodded, running out of the room with jill.

the two ran for what seemed like hours, finally making to the traffic control center. the ran into the building, making it into the room. "mikey, stay by the door and let me know if you hear that thing coming." she ordered, whilst taking out her radio.

"on it." mikey walks over to the door, trying his best to listen for deep footsteps. "carlos, we're in the control room. what now?" she asked, looking at the panel in front of her.

"nice. now you gotta plan out a route." carlos started. jill nodded, squinting a bit at the map in front of her. "okay, give me a sec." she spoke. "alright, where are we headed?" she asked, waiting for carlos to answer.

"the train is stopped at redstone street. we need to reach fox park station." he answered. "can you program that in?" he asked, causing jill to nod.

"hey, i'm supercop. consider it done." jill responded in a cheeky tone. mikey looks over at the brunette almost wanting to laugh at her flirtatious attempt. "you're just making it harder for yourself." mikey laughed. jill rolls her eyes, mumbling soft curses everytime she got the order of the streets wrong.

after a few minutes, jill finished placing the tracks in the correct order. "c'mon, we're out of here." she smiles, taking her radio out. "carlos, it's me. i've finished inputting the subway route." she informs, walking towards mikey.

"jill, you're amazing." carlos flirtatiously complimented, causing mikey to laugh a bit. "tough as nails too." he continued, causing mikey to let out a soft groan. he looks over at jill only to see her smiling with bright red cheeks. "hurry back to the station. we'll make sure the subway is ready to depart." carlos informed. jill hangs up, shoving the radio into his pocket.

"c'mon, we're out of this joint."

"finally."

this chapter was so bad, i'm so sorry. the next one will be so much better. anyways, i hope you enjoyed this one.

DATE PUBLISHED: 7/18/20
TIME PUBLISHED: 3:49 p.m.
WORD COUNT: 1120