CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE PURSUIT,
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE DUO followed tyrell, letting him lead the way to the vaccine

THE DUO followed tyrell, letting him lead the way to the vaccine. there was a look of worry written on the boy's face as they walked down the corridor.

jill didn't know where she stood with the boy at this point. she thought things were okay with them but he still seemed upset at their previous conversation. she hesitantly places a hand on his shoulder. "hey, everything's gonna be okay. i promise." she tried assuring.

mikey just nodded, looking at the floor as they walked. jill frowns, removing her hand from his shoulder. "jill, do you really think my dad's dead?" he asked, causing jill to grow uneasy with his words. "be honest." he sighed.

"i don't wanna hurt your feelings again, mikey." jill started, inhaling slightly. "but, if he was bitten... he didn't make it. i'm sorry, mikey." she apologized, answering his question truthfully.

mikey just nodded. "i figured." he sighs, looking at the man in front of them. "i just wanted some hope." he admitted.

"the vaccine should be up here." tyrell announced as the door in front of them opened. the trio trudged down the somewhat narrow hall. tyrell stops halfway through the hall, grunting in pain.

"you sure we don't need to stop?" jill asked, looking over at the injured man with worry written on her face. mikey slows down, looking at tyrell suspiciously.

"stop and do what? i got your backs." tyrell grunts, starting to move down the hall again. jill and mikey both share a worried glance before walking down the hall.

they go through the second door, slowly drawing their weapons. the trio checks for any zombies, lowering their weapons at the sight of no possible threats.

there was a loud thud. the two turn around only to see tyrell thrown against the wall. mikey grew pale, looking at the vile creature down the hall. "tyrell!" jill exclaims, starting to shoot at the monster ahead.

mikey rushes over to tyrell, trying his best to lift him up. "c'mon, i got you." mikey grunts, feeling his wounded side burn in pain.

jill rushes over, helping mikey lift tyrell up. "keep going, we're almost there." she reassured, helping the two walk. the monster's tentacle impales tyrell's torso, resulting in blood to splatter on jill and mikey's faces.

jill yelps, trying her best to hold onto the man. "no!" mikey cried out, trying his best to hold onto tyrell as well. the monster pulls tyrell back.

"go. go!" tyrell exclaims, being thrown against the wall. mikey stared at his dead friend, growing queasy at the sight of his dead corpse. the monster roars angrily, starting to charge towards the two.

"mikey, we need to go now!" jill grips on his sweater, starting to run down the hallway with the boy running behind her. the two make it to the other side. she presses the button, causing the door to slam in front of the monster's face.