CHAPTER ONE

MIKEY quickly walked down the chaotic streets of raccoon city. everything was on fire, people were robbing stores and there were undead people at every corner. mikey kept his head down as he walked.

he glanced at the blood ridden road, biting his lip from the overwhelming sickness he felt from all the dead human carcasses on the floor. although raccoon city was extremely hot, a cool sensation overtook his body. he crossed his arms, breathing heavily. it was almost as if there was no oxygen. 'don't worry, mike. you're almost there.' the boy freezes for a moment, watching a zombie eat out a person's intestines. a wave of nausea grew over the fifteen year old as he watched the man eater. the zombie looks up, moaning at the sight of mikey. mikey griped onto his bag tightly, staring the zombie down as it walked towards him.

"shit!" he exclaimed, starting to run way from the zombie. more zombies start to notice the panicked boy, moving towards him. mikey makes a run for it, only for him to trip over a dead body lying on the floor.

he starts to crawl backwards, hitting two brown doors behind him. "fuck." he muttered, falling back feeling the door open.

"c'mon, grab my hand!" a rushed yet soothing voice called out. mikey quickly turns to grab the mysterious hand, getting pulled into the diner. for a minute, mikey examines the woman. she had short brown hair, a blue tank top and jeans. he could've sworn that he's seen her around before.

another man quickly races inside with the two, panic written all over his pale face. both the man and the woman try to block the door. mikey's face grew pale, another wave of nausea hitting his body. "door behind you, guys! go!" he shouts, trying to prevent those freakish monsters from entering the diner. the woman listened, starting to run towards the door.

the sound of flesh being bit into echoed in mikey's ears as he saw the man's arm being devoured by a zombie. mikey heaved, hunching over to throw up. he had been trying his best to hold it in, however, after what he had seen he needed to let it all out. "brad!" the woman cried out, picking a knife up from the floor. she rushes over, impaling the zombie's head with the knife, quickly pushing it away. she then helps brad keep the door secure.

"don't think about it." she tried assuring, causing mikey to furrow his eyebrows at the man's injury. "he needs a hospital or some medical help. he's gonna start losing blood." mikey shook his head, leaning against a wall to breathe for a minute.

"he's right." the woman agreed. "w-we can get you medicine, brad. you can get better." she tried to persuade. "c'mon we can make a run for it." she strains, trying to keep the monsters from behind the door back.

"c'mon, jill. we know how this ends." brad gunted, looking at the smaller woman. jill shook her head, looking at the man as if he had two heads. jill. the name coarsed through mikey's veins. it was almost as if he had met her before.

"no. i don't." she argued, looking at brad with furrowed eyebrows. mikey's heart started to beat fast as he watched the two. there was a constant fear in the back of his mind. he was worried if this was the end of the road for him and the two other people in this diner.

"are we still a team?' the man asked, holding the doors back. jill nodded, looking at him. "always." she responded, with a quiver in her voice.

"then do me a favor. don't fuck up like i did." he then pushes jill away from the door, causing her to fall onto the floor. "go! and take the kid with you." he shouts, holding the door back. jill whimpers, standing up with pain written on her face.

"c'mon!" she called out to mikey. mikey rushes over, opening the door for jill. the fifteen year old looked at the floor rather than the injured man. he frowns, watching jill look at brad with sad eyes. the two rush out of the diner, closing the door behind them.