CHAPTER ELEVEN

WE ALL FALL DOWN,
CHAPTER ELEVEN

MIKEY had fallen asleep next to jill's hospital bed, holding her hand tightly

MIKEY had fallen asleep next to jill's hospital bed, holding her hand tightly. jill's eyes fluttered open, sitting up from her laying stance. she looks around in confusion. "where am i? what's going on?" she mumbled, looking down at mikey. she grunts in pain, looking at her bandaged wound.

mikey wakes up, yawning softly. he looks up to see jill awake and healthy. "y-you're alive!" he smiled widely, pulling jill into a tight hug. jill chuckles softly, hugging the teenager.

"well yeah, of course i'm alive." she scoffed, playfully. "why wouldn't i be?" she teased. mikey pulls away from the hug, wiping some stray tears away. "mikey, what's wrong?" she asked with a small frowns growing on her face.

mikey shook his head, sniffing softly. "i'm just happy you're alive." he whispered, resulting in jill to ruffle his hair slightly.

"attention all citizens." the speaker on the television started. "the missile strike on raccoon city will occur in just hours. the payload is designed to eradicate all biological material. you will not survive if you remain in the city. evacuate now. repeat: evacuate now." the speaker informed.

"october first? no, it can't be." jill shook her head in disbelief, looking at the tv in fear. mikey stayed quiet, looking down at the floor. the more he heard that stupid announcement, the more upset he grew.

"jill, i know this sounds crazy but what if my dad was still alive?" mikey questioned in a small tone. jill looks at the boy, furrowing her eyebrows. "w-we have enough time to go back to my place and save him. he could still be—."

"mikey, if your dad was bitten, there's no way he could've survived. especially if he was untreated." jill sighs, looking at mikey with her ocean blue eyes.

"we don't know that, jill. he—."

"no. we're not going back." jill shook her head, getting off the hospital bed. mikey scoffed, shaking his head.

"i can't believe this. i can't believe that you're just gonna sit here and tell me this." he started. "my father is out there! if we don't save him, he's gonna die in this missile attack!" he exclaims.

"mikey.."

"no because it's not what you want so we're not doing it." he argued, crossing his arms angrily. "you don't—."

"don't you fucking say what i think you're about to say." she interrupted with an angry tone. "you're lucky i saved your ass! i could've left you out those doors but i didn't! i didn't need to take care of you, but i did!" she started. "and you're being a fucking ungrateful little brat because i'm not doing what YOU want to do. your father's dead, mikey! i'm sorry but he's fucking dead. it doesn't take rocket science to know that if you get bit, you die." she snapped.

she immediately regrets her words by looking at mikey's face. "mikey, i didn't—."

"no, you're right." mikey sniffed. "you don't need to take care of me anymore. i'll just be out of your hair." he grabs his bag, slinging it on. "here." he hands her, her handgun. "i'm out of here." the boy storms out of the room with tears rolling down his face.

"mikey, wait!" jill rushes towards the doors, only to see tyrell at the front desk.

"morning sunshine." tyrell greeted. "i saw your kid walking deeper into the hospital. you have anything to do with it?" he questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"yes but no." jill sighs. "did you see where he was going?" she then smiles softly at the guy, forgetting about her manners. "and thank you for saving my life." she thanked.

"i sure as shit didn't. that was carlos." tyrell informed. "he carried you here and treated you himself, crazy bastard." he chuckles softly. "he also stitched mikey up, if that's what you're wondering as well." he smiled.

jill's heart fluttered softly. carlos did that for her? for them? her heart swelled, thinking about carlos. he was her hero, just like she was mikey's.

"where is he? and where's mikey?" jill asked with a frantic look on her face.

"he went underground. bard stockpiled the vaccine, enough to give the city some hope." he explained.

jill furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head. "he thinks he can do this by himself. i'm going after him. and if you hear anything about mikey, please let me know." she sighs.

"don't worry, i gave mikey a radio just in case you guys needed help." he started. "also, mikey said something about going back home? i'm not a hundred percent sure what he meant though, considering the fact he went for a walk around the hospital. i figured you were going with him, so i didn't stop him." he then shakes his head at jill's words.

"wait! did you see the broadcast? they're gonna blow the city sky high." tyrell shook his head, looking at the brunette. "i'm trying to get ahold of someone with the clearance to stop it." he says. "leave this mess to him. he's a professional."

jill just gives tyrell a soft smirk. "so am i." she smirked, walking towards the door.

"right, so i guess i'm not talking you out of this." he sighed in defeat. "the storage facility is underground, beneath this hospital." he informs. "i've lost contact with carlos, so expect trouble."

jill walks through the doors, starting to make her way around the hospital. "don't worry guys, i'm coming." she mumbled to herself. she turns the hall only to see a red book bag turning the corner. "mikey.." she whispered, following the figure.

mikey was supposed to make his way outside but found himself exploring the hospital, just needing to think about jill's words. maybe she was right. maybe his father was dead. but there was a big chance that he was still alive.

mikey heads down the stairs only to see a room with nothing but pipes surrounding it. "hmm, alright?" he mumbled, making his way to the door at the end of the room.

he walks on this metal bridge to get to the other side. he opens the other door to see a big empty room with boxes, crates, and machinery. "this is weird." he walks towards the platform, looking at the lever. right when he was about to pull it, the door opens. he turns around with fear written on his face.

he had no weapons and no jill or carlos to protect him.

he was defenseless.

SOOO, jill might've snapped a little too hard. this chapter was pretty short and angsty.😬😬

what did you think about jill lashing out on mikey? are you on her side or his side?

DATE PUBLISHED: 7/27/20
TIME PUBLISHED: 3:16 p.m.
WORD COUNT: 1123