CHAPTER TEN

ALMOST THERE,
CHAPTER TEN

MIKEY was fast asleep, cuddled against the hospital pillow

MIKEY was fast asleep, cuddled against the hospital pillow. the boy lets out a soft yawn, sitting up in the bed slowly. he grunts in pain, grabbing his side. "lemme check on jill." he muttered, jumping off of his bed, walking towards the bed jill was laying on.

he frowns, hearing her soft groans of pain. she looked extremely pale with her veins practically visible to the human eye. "don't worry, jill. we're getting out of here alive." he whispered, placing his soft, warm hand on her now, cold and icy skin.

the door swings open, causing mikey to jump in fear. he runs over to the metal tray, grabbing his gun. he sighs in relief, seeing carlos enter the room.

"hey, i thought i told you to get some rest." carlos sighed, placing his hands on the teenager's shoulder.

"i did." mikey started. "but then i woke up and i decided to check on jill." he responded, placing the gun into the metal tray. "anyways, did you get the vaccine?" he asked, looking up at the slightly taller man.

carlos nodded. "yup, i got it right here." he removes his hands from mikey's shoulder, pulling the vaccine out of his pocket. he walks over to jill, turning her around slightly.

carlos removes the cap with his teeth, spitting it onto the floor once he was opened it. mikey winces as carlos injected the sharp object into her arm.

"that is gonna cure her, right?" mikey asked, playing with his fingers nervously. carlos places the empty vaccine needle down and nods, leading mikey towards his bed.

"it is, don't worry about it." carlos sighs, grabbing a chair, facing it towards jill's bed. "get some sleep, i'll watch jill for you." he smiled softly.

without protesting, mikey jumps into the bed staring up at the ceiling. 'we'll be okay. i know we will.' he thought to himself, sighing softly. he glances over at the two, only to see carlos holding jill's hand tightly.

"fight it jill. please?" carlos whispered, holding her hand close to his chest. mikey closes his eyes, drifting off into a deep sleep.

the doors bust open, only for carlos to grab his gun, he aims at the door. mikey jumps up, looking over in confusion only to see carlos' friend. his friend was injured and was holding his side.

"jesus tyrell, what the hell happened?" carlos asked, furrowing his eyebrows at the injured man. tyrell takes a seat, grabbing the remote to the tv of the hospital room. he turns it on.

"attention all citizens. the contagion spreading throughout the city has been designated uncontainable." the voice in the screen started. mikey jumps off the bed, walking over to the men to see what's happening. "on october first, raccoon city will be completely destroyed in missile strike. all residents capable of rational thought are urged to evacuate immediately." the woman stated. carlos and tyrell started talking about the situation, resulting in mikey to tune their conversation out. his face grew pale and his heart started beating fast at the thought of his dad being at his apartment while the explosion happens.

mikey opened his mouth to say something before the trio heard growling coming from the outside of the hospital room. "fuck, here they come." tyrell heaved, grabbing his rifle that was laying on the counter. carlos stops the man by putting his gun down.

"now you sit tight, i got this." carlos reassured, starting to head towards the door with his rifle. "and before you ask mikey, you can't come with me." carlos stated, heading out door. mikey frowns, crossing his arms in annoyance. all he wanted to do was help. he couldn't do that if all jill and carlos did was shut him down.

"hey, he's just tryna look out for you." tyrell sighed, looking at he teenage boy with soft eyes. "and he's trying to show off at the same time.' he joked, releasing a small chuckle. mikey let's out a small chuckle, feeling himself relax a bit.

"i'm gonna try to lower the window shutters!" tyrell exclaims. mikey has a seat in the chaire carlos was sitting in before, looking at jill. she was gaining color again and most of the visivle veins on her neck was fading away. he smiles to himself, grabbing her hand, squeezing it softly. "you're gonna make it." he whispered, continuing to hold her hand.

"the less entry points, the better!" tyrell shouts, in order for carlos to hear what the man was saying. carlos scoffs softly. "and how do we do that?" he called out from the other side of the door, growing anxious as the windows made loud, thumping noises. the windows looked as if they were about to break at any moment.

"i'll try hacking into the hospital security system. keep them off me in the meantime!" he shouts, glancing at mikey and jill. "make sure they don't get in here. for the kid and jill's sake." he spoke, starting to do his work on the computer. mikey could hear the shutters closing slightly, tightening his grip on jill's hand. if mikey was gonna die, he'd rather it be with jill.

mikey sat by jill anxiously, hearing the bullets richochet against the floor. all of a sudden, he heard a loud boom. he jolts up feeling the building shake a bit. mikey and tyrell share a worried glance before looking at the door in fear. tyrell takes out his radio, contacting carlos. "carlos, you alright?!" he questioned with panic written on his face.

"not even close." carlos answered breathlessly. "but at least it's over." the man sighed in relief, walking towards the room jill, tyrell and mikey were. "i'm coming back." he announced, walking towards the hospital door. he opens the door, walking over to where tyrell and mikey were currently sitting.

"vaccine's the real deal." tyrell commented, looking at a somewhat better jill. mikey smiled, grabbing her hand once more. carlos looks at the girl, reloading his rifle.

"are you leaving?" mikey asked, looking up at the taller man. tyrell looked at carlos as well with confusion written all over his face.

"damn right." carlos nodded, starting to walk towards the door. tyrell looked at the man as if he had two heads.

"what do you think you're gonna do? the whole city's about to be microwaved!" he exclaimed, watching carlos closely.

"c'mon, man." carlos sighed. "call the government. tell them we found a cure, you stall for time." he called out, walking out the hospital room's doors. mikey frowned, growing worried as carlos left the room.

tyrell scoffs, shaking his head as the man left the room. "balsy motherfucker." he chuckled.

I FINALLY FINISHED THIS CHAPTER. this was mostly a filler and i'm sorry.

REUPLOAD because wattpad was being a bitch again 💔

so we got to see tyrell interact with mikey for a bit which made me happy 💗💗💗

DATE PUBLISHED: 7/26/20
TIME PUBLISHED: 5:02 p.m.
WORD COUNT: 1172