CHAPTER FIFTEEN

WE'RE ALMOST THERE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

WE'RE ALMOST THERECHAPTER FIFTEEN

"JESUS mikey, wake up." jill had just finished fixing mikey's wound. "when i see that bastard, i'm gonna kill him." she growls, glancing around for any deadly creatures that would happen to appear. mikey groans softly, stirring his head a little bit.

"j-jill? what— fuck." he winces, touching his shoulder softly. jill sighs in relief, touching the boy's cheek softly.

"it's okay." jill reassured, stroking his cheek softly. "we're okay. we're both okay." she smiled weakly, standing up slowly with his bag in her hands.

mikey stands up slowly, hissing a bit. "carlos was here. but—."

"yeah, i know." jill nodded, placing the bag onto his shoulders gently. "he went after nicholai." she informed, walking with the boy slowly.

"where do you think nicholai went?" mikey asked, gripping onto the straps of his bag tightly.

"i don't know." jill shrugged, shaking her head slightly. "but, we're gonna find him. don't worry." she sighs, walking towards the door at the end of the hallway.

the two entered another hall that was led towards another room. they go through one of the doors only to be face to face with nicholai. all three of them pull their guns out, staring eachother down.

"huh, i'm quite surprised that he's still alive. i don't think he'd make it this far." the russian man chuckled lowly. mikey kept his glare on the man, tightening his grip on his gun. god, he just wanted to shoot nicholai's brains out already.

jill shook her head angrily. "it's done. give me the vaccine you greedy son of a bitch." jill growled, causing the man to shake his head.

"oh no no no no. you print money. i like money." he started. "we shall make ours an ongoing arrangement. now drop the gun!" he smirks, moving the direction of his gun towards mikey. "that is unless you want your boy here to get another bullet in him. this time it'd be the head."

"you asshole." she cursed, staying with her gun up. mikey swallowed dry, keeping his gun up as well. the wall opens causing the trio to flynn in opposite directions.

nicholai falls onto the other side while mikey and jill fall onto the ground below. jill looks up, watching the monster that had been pursuing her the whole time, slither onto the ground.

"fuck!" she swore, helping mikey up. mikey winces in pain, feeling his shoulder and side wound ache in pain.

"holy shit!" mikey picked up his gun, staring at the monster with fear written on his face. he takes a deep breath, starting to reload his gun.

"have you— have you ever seen anything so incredible?" nicholai called out, looking at nemesis with a look of wonder in his eyes. "the data on this would be worth millions." he exclaimed. "but uh you know how it is— city's about to explode... and you can't put a price on life." he laughs, walking away with the vaccine. "good luck!"