CHAPTER TWO

MIKEY spent time walking and well, fleeing from things that came at him. after walking for a bit, he finally came across the train station. "i made it." he let out breathlessly. "dad might be there by now." he heads into the underground subway station, walking around only to see civilians crying and holding eachother.

each civilian was in a line, getting quick tested by a doctor to see if they had this strange virus. a lump grew in mikey's throat as he watched the doctor examine them for bites. his father's arm was practically chomped off by one of those vile creatures. what if he didn't make it through? mikey took a deep breath, tightening his grip on the straps of his bag. 'he'll be here soon. don't worry.' the young boy thought to himself, closing his eyes to calm himself down.

after a few minutes of waiting, it was his turn. "next!" a tall russian man called out. mikey froze, looking at the man and the doctor. a feeling of overwhelming sickness grew over him. the young teenage boy felt like his entire world was spinning. nothing felt real to him.

"i said, next!" the man called out again with a more irratable voice. mikey takes one step, only to feel his whole world give out. "ah shit, grab him!" the doctor called out. the last thing mikey saw was the tall russian man run towards him. after that, everything went black.

"mikey? mikey, wake up. it's jill." there was a loud ringing in the teenager's ears before his eyes opened to see the woman he was previously with earlier. mikey furrows his eyebrows, sitting up to examine his surroundings. "where am i?" he mumbled, wincing at he bright light above him. he was currently in one of the trains at the train station. "what happened?" he asked.

"you passed out, luckily, i got here on time to convince them that you weren't bitten." jill sighed, looking at mikey with a relieved look on her face. mikey looks down at his lap before scratching the back of neck.

"wait, why are you still here?" he asked with confusion written on his face. "i thought you were out of here?" jill lets out a reluctant sigh, running a hand through her short brown hair.

"the helicopter crashed." jill admitted, starting to stand up. "looks like this train is the only way to get out of here." she stretches out her limbs. "mikey, if you're up to it-- i could really use your help for this one." she glances at mikey with a soft smile. "but, if you're not feeling well, you can stay here and rest. your safety is all that matters right now."

mikey thought about it for a moment before standing up. he grabs his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. "i'm in. besides, i'd never leave your side." he smiled, walking up to the s.t.ar.s. member. jill chuckled softly, rubbing shoulder with a soft smile.

"c'mon, let's go." the two walked out of the train and started to head up the subway stairs. "i'm guessing you couldn't find your dad?" she questioned.

mikey shook his head, biting his lip softly. "he told me that he'd be there. you don't think he—."

"mikey, keep your hopes up." jill glances back at the teenager with a concerned look on her face. "he'll probably be there by the time we make it back to the subway station." she reassures, only even believing herself. honestly, if the man was nowhere to be found— that only meant one thing.

"okay.." he sighed heavily. "i trust you." he shoves his hands into his red hoodie, following the cop. "i forgot to ask but, where are we going?" mikey asked, jogging up to jill.

"we're going to fix traffic control." jill started. "we fix that and we're out of here." she informs, walking up to the blocked street. she pulls out her radio, starting to contact someone.