CHAPTER EIGHT

WOUNDED,
CHAPTER EIGHT

JILL crawls out of the derailed train with her head in excruciating pain

JILL crawls out of the derailed train with her head in excruciating pain. she sat against the wall for a moment before standing up. "m-mikey?" she looked around the train tracks with her heart pounding tremendously. "mikey!" she called out once again but louder than before.

she looks down at the floor seeing a trail of blood leading towards a door. "god, mikey. please be okay." she whispered, turning the wheel on the door. she pushes the door open to see more blood trailing towards the more open space of the room.

she walks towards the open space, only to see mikey against the wall, searching through his bag. "mikey!" jill rushes over, kneeling down next to the injured boy. "what happened?" she asked with worry written all over her face. "you okay?" she questioned, examining his face for any cuts.

"j-jill... it hurts." mikey grunts, looking down at his side. jill looks down to see a sharp glass injected into his side, deeply.

"fuck, fuck, fuck." jill mumbled, running a hand through her hair. "i-i can't pull it out. you'll bleed to death." she shook her head, looking at the boy.

"i-i have some bandages in there. i mostly use them whenever i fall off my skateboard but—." he grunts in pain, gripping the knife injected on his side.

"let go of your side, i got this." jill grabs his bag, searching through it for any bandages. after searching for a bit, she takes out a bandage and some water. "i don't have anything to cleanse your cut with." she started. "so for now, i'm gonna have to bandage it. when we're out of here, i'm taking you to the hospital." she informs. "bite on your sleeve cause this might hurt a lot, alright?" mikey nods, starting to bite on his sleeve.

"on the count of three." she started with a shaky breath. mikey nodded, biting down tightly on his sleeve. "one, two, three." she counts down, pulling the knife out. mikey lets out a loud scream with blood oozing out from his side.

"oh god." jill takes the bandage and wraps it around mikey's waist. "if we find a nearby hospital, i'll stitch you up. i promise." jill says, tying a knot around. mikey grabs his bag, pulling it onto him.

"c'mon, i got you." jill helps mikey up, slinging his shoulder around her shoulder. she held onto him, making their way outside of the underground tracks.

they get out of the tunnel only to see the beautiful park of raccoon city. mikey admires the clock tower, holding onto jill as they walked towards the bridge.

once the two made it towards the bridge, they saw a fiery figure burst out of the tunnel. the monster flailed it's arms, falling into the river, extinguishing it's flames.