Alone

4 Years Later
Y/N's POV

I have been alone in the wilds for four years now and still have yet to run into a good community.

I have come across the likes of Wellington, have come across Prescott, sure Prescott is a nice place, but I heard that there was a community that raided other communities, so I left.

The last community I came across just a few weeks ago was in a place called Richmond, it was controlled by The New Frontier, those are the freaks who brand themselves as a test of loyalty. Of course, I didn't get branded since I avoided their community when I heard that they were the ones raiding other communities.

I already had a cut on my left eye from the fight I had with a stranger a few days ago. It left a scar since the cut was deep.

Imagine it as Sub Zero's scar in Mortal Kombat X

Now, I am just sitting on a log by my campfire, with my bow and quiver of arrows on my back and my knife and pistol in my holsters that I made. Of course my bag was beside me.

I was cooking up some deer that I found while hunting early this morning, It was already midday so I just cooked it so that it'll be ready for dinner.

While I was cooking it, I noticed multiple figures in the east, I couldn't get a good look on it so I stood up and walked a bit to the east to see what it was.

And that's when it hit me. It was a hard of walkers, maybe about 50 of them. I knew that I couldn't fight them so I hurried my way back to my camp.

I started packing up everything I needed as quickly as possible. Once the deer was cooked, I cut a big chunk of it, covered it with some banana leaves I found, and placed in my bag.

I then looked around my camp to see if there was a lonely walker limping around.

When I heard a growl to my right, I followed it. Sure enough, there was a walker there. I snuck up to it and once I was near enough, I shoved my knife into the side of its skull, killing it.

I then opened up it's stomach. Then started covering myself in its guts. I didn't mind the smell since I was used to it.

Once I was covered up, from face to boots, I slowly walked towards the herd.

Once I was in the herd, I just limped through them, making sure not to bump into any of them and keeping my breathing silent.

Once I was a good distance away from the herd, I started walking normally again.

I then found a rock to sit on. As I got myself comfortable, I looked around to check if there were any walkers around, sure enough, there were none.

I then took out the chunk of meat from my bag, slowly unwrapping the banana leaves around it.

I then munched on it, eating very quickly as I haven't eaten for 2 days.

Once I was done, I threw the leaves away. I then took out my water bottle as it was halfway empty and drank it, leaving some water left for the journey I was gonna go on.

Just as I was putting my water bottle back, I heard voices from the other side of the bushes that was hiding me.

????: where do you think we should go?

Sounds like a teenager my age.

????: look, I don't know, but we need to keep moving, I dont want those people catching up on us.

That sounded like a man in his mid 30s

????: can you two just shut it? I am so stressed right now.