Reunion

1 HOUR AGO.
Marlon's POV

I was in the courtyard sitting on one the picnic tables, talking with Aasim about the hunting grounds' situation as he was sitting across from me.

Marlon: are the traps holding out alright?

Aasim: yeah, I check on 'em every morning since I wake up early.

Marlon: good to know.

I then stood from the picnic table.

Marlon: I'm gonna go check on something. See ya.

Aasim: see ya.

Aasim then went back to writing his journal.

I went towards our makeshift tower next to the gate and asked Mitch as he was on watch, if the situation was tight.

Marlon: Yo! Mitch!
I called him from below.

Mitch then turned around from the tower to face me on the ground.

Marlon: anything suspicious happening?

Mitch: nothing much.

Marlon: any walker activity?

Mitch: none at all.

Marlon: alright then, see ya.

Mitch then went back to looking outside the gates as I went towards the dorms.

I slowly made my way to my dorm room. I got my compound bow along with some arrows to go get what we got from the traps.

As I went back towards the courtyard, I headed towards Aasim to tell him where I was going.

Marlon: I'm just gonna go get some rabbits from the traps. Be back ASAP.

Aasim: i'll make sure the others know.

Marlon: thanks man.

I then walked towards the gate.

Marlon: yo Mitch! Just gonna go check on the traps.

Mitch: alright, careful man.

Marlon: I will be.

I then went outside the gates and made my way to where the hunting grounds were.

I took 2 rabbits from 2 different trees.

Marlon: this wont be enough.
I muttered myself.

I then heard some leaves cracking behind some bushes and heard a voice.

????: better watch my step.

I immediately dropped the rabbits I was holding and crouched as I took My bow And an arrow from the quiver I made and drew it.

I slowly made my way to where the noise came from.

As I stood up, I saw what looked like a teen my age who was wearing a gray shirt with a backpack, a bow, and a quiver with multiple arrows.

He was also wearing blue ripped jeans that had a holster on his right thigh which had a knife in it. He also wore dark green combat boots.

I saw that he was covered with what looks like walker blood, from head to boot.

I then aimed my bow at him and slowly came out of the bush.

Marlon: step away from the trap, slowly.
You dont wanna know how good of a shot I am.

The stranger then quickly pulled out his bow and drew an arrow. I panicked so I tried shooting him in the head, but he easily ducked under it. He then stood back up straight still aiming his compound bow at me.