Back To Square One

Y/N's POV
3 days later.

It has been 3 days since my fight with Clementine. Part of me felt guilty that I thought of those things about her and said those all out loud right in her face.

Every now and then, I could hear Clem in the other room saying and shouting things and screaming but they then die down after an hour.

I was now laying down on my bed after a tiring day. Me and Aasim went scouting around the edges of the safe zone for raiders but found a big deer for the school instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I was in a backyard of a house with a treehouse and a tea set under it and a tire swing attached to its branch.

I was walking around the yard until I decided to head inside the house.

Through the sliding glass door, I could see a man with a blue shirt on, sitting on the couch and reading some book in his head.

I opened the door and then went inside. The man must've noticed my presence as he closed his book and placed it on the table on front of him.

Man: you're here.

His voice was very deep but very calming to hear.

Y/N: i am.

Man: come here, I would like to get to know you better.

I stood there for a while until I just said fuck it and went to the man and sat beside him.

He had dark skin, a beard but not that long and a silver watch. He then reached out his hand for me to shake.

Man: the name's Lee.

I then shook his hand with mine.

Y/N: Y/N.

Lee: i know, she wouldn't stop talking about you.

I then gave him a confused look as he said that.

Y/N: what do you mean?

Lee: just in case you didn't know, I was Clementine's protector back when this started. She wouldn't stop thinking about you in her sleep or just anytime she had the chance to think about you.

Y/N: why would she even be thinking about me after those things I told her that night.

Lee: it's because she misses you.

Y/N: what do you mean by misses me?

Lee: she misses your presence. Before you two fought, she would always say to herself that she is safe in your arms and if you are near her.

By now, I was leaning forward on the couch with my elbows on my knees as I felt even more guilt come to me.

Y/N: why would she want to be with me if she thinks I am a danger to the group.

Lee: it's because she knows who you really are inside.

Y/N: what about those things she said to me?

Lee: don't you get it? The reason she has nightmares every night is because of that night. Her knowing that you were there for her made her sleep in peace. Made her feel safe. When you lashed out on her and distanced yourself from her broke her heart knowing you weren't there anymore.

I just sat there hiding my realization inside.

Y/N: what should I do then Lee?

I made eye contact with him.