The New Girl

3 Years Later.
Y/N's POV

It's been a year since the death of the twins, or that's what they wanted us to know.

Whenever I would talk to Marlon about what happened out there, he struggles to get words out. And whenever he does get them out sometimes, he says it so nonchalantly.

Ever since last year, Marlon barely talks to me. It was always me who starts the conversation between us. He seems to distance himself away from me every time.

I had some suspicions on to what really happened to the twins.

I went out the next day after Marlon told us they were torn apart by walkers to track them and see if it was true.

All I saw out there were Marlon's and Brody's tracks. I went farther outside the safe zone. Nothing, no article of their clothing, no blood on the ground, and especially, no dropped weapons.

Today, me and Marlon decided to go check out the train station I found 2 days ago to see if there were stuff there.

Me and Marlon just got outside the gates, his head was down the entire time we weren't talking until I spoke up.

Y/N: how you feeling? Everything alright?

Marlon then raises his head up and looks at me.

Marlon: I don't know man, I just feel so guilty not being able to save the twins. Tomorrow will be their 1st whole year gone.

I, however, found it suspicious, but decided to just hide my suspicions.

Y/N: i know how you feel. Not being able to save your loved ones. It feels like something just stabbed your heart.

We were walking for a bit until finally, Marlon breaks the silence.

Marlon: look, I know I have been ignoring you these past few months. I was just way too frustrated and stressed and I didn't want to lash out on you, sorry about distancing myself from you.

Y/N: it's alright man, we have different ways to grieve. Sometimes it's better to-

*BOOM!*

The explosion made both of us jump at the sound.

Y/N: we gotta check that out.

Marlon: but it's..

Y/N: look Marlon, I know it's dangerous but c'mon we gotta check it out, maybe it's someone dangerous.

Marlon was thinking about what time say until he shook his head.

Marlon: yeah, you're right, that would save us the effort.

We then started to run towards the direction of the explosion, it sounded like as if it came from the train station.

The train station was finally in sight, we hid behind some bushes, just in case it was an ambush. We saw multiple walkers swarming something I can't see.

Y/N: what are they swar-

I then heard a car engine start up, cutting off my sentence as I got my answer. The car then started to go in reverse, running over multiple walkers behind it.

I was able to make out who was driving, it was a teenage girl with a blue jacket and a cap I can't describe as I can't a good view on it.

In the passenger seat is a little boy with an afro.

Y/N: shit, those are kids. We gotta help them.

Marlon: it's too risky, let's get back before-

The car then started to drive forward really fast, it eventually hit a tree, flipping it. It then crashed down the hill.