Guidance

Y/N's POV.

I woke up to the sound of a train beneath me. I looked around and saw that the train was moving and trees going by.

I looked down and saw that I was my 9 year old self again with no Scars anywhere on my body.

I saw three figures sitting on the edge of the carriage. One stood up and when to the other one which left the two sitting there with a space in between them.

One of them then turned around.

Stephen: hey bud.

I sat in between them.

Martin: what's on your mind this time?

Y/N: i'm scared. Some assholes took some of our friends, and getting them back might get the rest of us killed.

Stephen: oh I know that feeling, right Martin?

Martin: we both did everything we could to protect you. We didn't die in vain.

Stephen: you do know that we were just making it all up that we knew what were doing right?

Martin: we clearly didn't know what we were doing, but one thing is for certain, we protected you. That's all that matters to us.

I then looked down and had a frown on my face.

Stephen: oh Y/N, you always get like this when something big happens. Remember that time where you had to pass through a herd? And that time you and Martin were gonna escape that store?

Y/N: that was different, I was alone.

Martin: it's indeed easy if you have nothing to lose.

Stephen: but having people you care about? That's a good thing. Friends, a boy that looks up to you. They're fighting beside you. Ready to make sacrifices to help each and everyone of you.

Martin: never give in kiddo.

Y/N: you two are right. I made it this far, didn't I?

Martin: yeah, much longer than others.

Stephen: you mind telling who this new girl Is?

Martin: we'd love to meet her someday.

Y/N: she is different. She's not like the other kids. She sees through my hard shell, she knows that everything I do is just to protect everyone. She loves for who I am. Inside.

Stephen: she is beautiful.

Y/N: she's gorgeous.

Martin: okay, that's a little bit awkward considering you two just......

Y/N: shut up.

We all laugh.

Stephen: she loves you, like you love her. I'm happy that you finally found someone. That light to your darkness you were talking about.

Martin: the hope to your despair.

Y/N: i'll protect all of them, even if it means hurting myself.

Stephen: you're being like me now.

Y/N: i learned from the best. You two.

Martin: awwww, thanks kiddo.

Y/N: i wouldn't have made it without you. We were so lucky that we came across you Martin.

Stephen: yeah. I'm glad we found you two when we did.

Martin: I'm just glad I got to meet you two. You both were amazing people. Come to think of it. Both of us kinda rubbed it off on Y/N.

Y/N: you could say that again.

Stephen: I noticed you still had my gun and bow. You even added stuff to it.

Y/N: yep, sure did. I wanted to keep it. That was the only thing I had left of you.

Martin: remember, we'll be here when you need help, advice.

Y/N: thanks.

Stephen: remember, bad things happen to everyone, it's hard being yourself whenever they're gone.

Y/N: i will.

Martin: part of growing is doing what's best for the people you care about. Even if it means hurting yourself.

Y/N: that's all I have ever done for the past few years. I got shot in my shoulder to save Clementine and Aj. I got angrier than I ever was back when I interrogated that man. I only did it so that Clem and Aj won't have to do it.

Stephen: soon, you'll be here with us. In a few decades. You'll die of old age. Believe me.

Y/N: i hope so.

Martin: those kids you're with will help you get through this. I believe in that.

Stephen: of all the titles i've been privileged to have, 'Daddy' has always been my best one. I'll be right behind you, following you wherever you go. I will always be near, you have nothing to fear, I will never leave your side.

I then hugged him as I felt a little teary.

The two then got up and stood behind me while staring outside on the other side of the carriage.

Stephen: come and see us again, when you got them all out okay.

Martin: yeah, we'll be here. Just, don't come back like us.

Y/N: i miss you two so much, I wish both of you were really here.

The two then looked at each other and had a sad look on them.

Stephen: we miss you too, but we have to make due with pretending.

Martin: we'll still be watching over you, helping you make the decisions.

We then heard the train horn.

Martin: time for us to go?

I then immediately sat up and rushed towards the two and hugged them as they hugged me as well.

Stephen: wow, just look at you.

We all then pulled apart and I saw that I was my current self.

Martin: you're as tall as me now.

Y/N: you always said to keep growing tall so I did.

Stephen: I'm glad.

I then looked down as I felt sad that I didn't what he said to me before.

Keep moving forward.

Y/N: i know I always told you that I'll always keep moving dad, but i'm tired of running. I have a home now, a real one.

Stephen: then you're off the hook. A home is the best thing we could ever hoped for.

Martin: don't sweat it kiddo. You're already in a good and secure place, all it needs is the rest of your friends to be there.

Stephen: it's time for us to go Y/N.

The two then began walking to the dark part of the boxcart while still looking at me.

Martin: you got people that need you.

Stephen: go get them back.

The two then disappeared into the darkness as I just stood there watching them go away.

Y/N: goodbye you two. I promise i'll come back here with you two.

Everything then fades to black around me as I closed my eyes preparing myself for the mission.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Clementine: Y/N, it's time for us to go.

I opened my eyes and saw Clem still laying beside me as she shook me awake.

I got up from our bed and prepared everything I needed. My knife, my bow and only a few arrows, and.....

My dad's gun. It'll only be for emergencies. I'm sure Aj will be able to make good use of it.