XXVI.double surprises

Agatha's cheekbones are up in the air from excessive smiling, her hand caressing her tummy as she awaits Genesis.

She has prepared a special supper for them, elated for the news she's about to tell him. Oh, how she can't wait for his reaction.

She even wore Genesis' favorite blue dress, tied her red hair into a neat bun, nervous even as she placed the utensils on the table.

At the sound of her footfalls, her heart quickens, excited.

Letting out a surprised chuckle when she felt his warm arms enveloped her from the back, his chin resting on her shoulder as she prepared the meal.

"Can't believe I get to go home every day to such a beautiful angel like you, sweetheart," whispered Genesis a second later then lightly biting her earlobe, sending her shudders down her spine.

Agatha laughed, "Well, tha-thank you, mister, but please take your arms off me and be a good boy a-and take a seat,"

"No can do, sweetheart," he replied, his voice humorous, causing Agatha to playfully roll her eyes heavenwards.

Agatha almost dropped the plate in surprise and in laughter when Genesis, his arms still around her, pressing her, began blowing against her neck, tickling her.

"Ge-gen, sto....sto-stop please," she laughed and laughed until it hurt but Genesis just continued tickling her, laughing as well.

"Re-really, please,'" she added, her dimples showing, her mouth open wide in laughter.

Fortunately, he stopped a second later but before he tickled her one last time, this time, in her waist.

Now seated, Agatha smoothened her skirt and hair, "I have some-something to tell you, Gen,"

Genesis stared at her, "Re-really? I, too, have something to tell you," he responded, smiling, then brushing his thumb over her hand.

Her eyes alternating between their intertwined hands then to his face, "It's goo-good news, Gen so don't worry,"

"Mine's good news as well, sweetheart. I could imagine you leaping out in joy for this,"

Agatha raised her brows, "Mine as well, Ge-gen. You'll be so happy you'll cry or so-so I hope,"

Arching his brow, a mischievous smile plastered on his face, he exclaimed, "How about we say it at the same time?"

Nodding, "That'll be confusing but okay," she replied, causing Genesis to lightly squeeze her nose.

"Okay, in the count of three,"

"One,"

"Two,"

"I'm pregnant," she exclaimed.

" We can get married," he exclaimed.

Both their eyes widened at that. Jaws dropped.

Instantly, Genesis rose from his seat and kneel before her, his hand automatically caressing her stomach, "Yo-you're pregnant? Dear God!" He happily said, then without any second thoughts, gathered her in his arms.

"How long have you been pregnant, sweetheart?" He added, still smiling, it was as if his cheeks might tear, tears pooling in his eyes.

Agatha was still stunned at what Genesis said, her heart quickening, "We-we co-could ge-get married?"

He rewarded her with a joyous chuckle, broke the embrace then caressed her cheeks with his thumbs, "Yes, sweetheart. You see, Devon sent a letter from Canada, dear Lord, all this time he was in Canada and he told me interracial marriage is allowed there,"

Agatha couldn't help it no more, she burst into tears, wrapping her arms around him, crying in his chest, "I hope that's tears of joy, sweetheart,"

Agatha chuckled, lightly punched his chest, "Oh, how I love you, Genesis,"

"And I love you too, sweetheart,"

A moment later, Agatha felt his hand caressing her tummy, "I can't believe I'm going to be a daddy," he whispered in her ear.

"How about we add another baby in that tummy of yours now? I've always wanted twins,"

Agatha chuckled, her cheeks still damp from crying, "Tha-that's not how it works, Gen,"

Shrugging, Genesis replied, "Worth the shot,"

And so, they ate the food Agatha prepared. They discussed their child, the names if it's a boy or a girl, and when they are leaving for Canada.

"Agatha, dear, we cannot name our child after one of the cattle, dear," he said, chuckling as he tucked the hair behind her ear.

"But they're named after such great people, Ge-gen," she replied as she chugged down the milk Genesis told her to drink.

"I know, sweetheart but it just feels weird calling our child the same name we call the animals," he reasoned out as he began slicing the apple for her.

Then, his hand alternated between her tummy to her cheeks then tucking her hair.

"Then let's just-just change the names of the animals, Gen," she suggested, arching her brows in excitement.

Genesis found himself lightly pinching her cheeks, "But how about the animals, sweetheart, they might get confused," he answered.

Agatha slumped her shoulders as if giving up. She knew her future-husband already won and so, that left her with just eating whatever food he shoved down her.