Him

~~~Spencer~~~

Ugh. Why am I nervous. My stomach is in knots and I'm constantly wiping my sweaty hands on my jeans.

I've been to these parties before, but something just feels off. Maybe because I'm meeting the legendary son I've only seen in pictures. I don't know.

As soon as I entered the house, Judy came rushing up to me, flustered beyond belief. I really don't understand why she likes entertaining if it makes her like this. Her eyes widen in relief when she spots me.

"Oh, thank god! Hi, Jay!" Jay runs to give her a hug before running towards where Pop normally is.

"Are you ok? What can I do?" I'd rather stay inside than mingle honestly. I don't know a lot of the people here.

"Would you be able to chop the veggies? I have broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, and cucumbers to go with dip."

I head towards the kitchen. "Of course. Keep an eye on Jay, will you?" I get busy chopping the veggies. It's a repetitive task by now with how much I meal prep for Jay. I'm in my own little world trying to think about what to do about the farm.

I didn't notice someone enter the room.

I didn't notice the watchful eyes that were heated on my body.

Had I been paying attention; I may have felt my own body heat up and tingle with awareness.

"Hello." A husky voice makes me jump and see Nick enter the kitchen. My breathing quickened just by the sight of him.

Holy. Shit. Yum.

He's hotter than the photos make him look. I'm suddenly extremely self-conscious of how I looked. God did I even remember to reapply deodorant?!

I think I may be drooling now.

Stop it! You're not some 16-year-old girl with a fan girl crush!

But he is swoon worthy. Short brown hair that's just long enough to run your fingers through, a chiseled jaw covered in scruff that trailed down to his Adam's apple, and piercing blue eyes. His arms were muscular, and I bet if I saw underneath that tee he had on, he would have a great six pack too. He is exceptionally fit. His blue eyes held a warmth to them that caught me off guard. They twinkled in the kitchen light, as they raked over my body.

Jesus Christ.

I've never felt this much desire for one man before. I almost snort out loud for that thought. I've only ever been with one man. And he had never made me feel like this with just his gaze. My body doesn't know what to do with itself.

His gaze is intense, trying to figure me out. My body felt tense, just knowing he was watching me. Like any minute I would completely embarrass myself.

It felt like fire was rushing through my veins and I'm pretty sure my face is bright red right now.

I wish I could know what he was thinking. Why does he keep staring? I'm nothing special to look at.

When his hand lifted and slowly brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, my heart just about leapt from my chest. A churning fire in the pit of my stomach kept me frozen in place. Why did he do that? Why didn't I react? Oh my god, this is so embarrassing.

Such a simple action, but it seemed so much deeper for two strangers to be engaging in. He seemed just as shocked as me as he stared at his hand, paused by my face, before he withdrew it. My stomach was swimming right now. The tingles were spreading from the slight warmth of his body near mine. His warm breath fanning my face made me desperately want to lean in and feel his lips against mine.