Now and Forever- Epilogue part 1

Spencer's POV

My stomach was swimming with nerves. The constant churning in my gut was making it difficult to keep from gagging. My hands would occasionally tremble. I felt hot and clammy.

Today is Nick's birthday.

Jayden and I had planned a surprised for him that I knew he would absolutely love. It was even (sort of) Jay's idea. We were doing a small get together with his family and sister. I knew he would love Jay's gift but I'm still a mess of anxiety. It's going to be big and emotional.

Hopefully we wouldn't have any unexpected visitors....like last time.

Our last get together with Richard and Judy, which was the week after we became engaged, Lucinda decided to pop on over to win Nick's favor back. She apparently hadn't taken him blocking her number and not answering, as a sign he didn't care about her anymore.

Cue eye roll.

Richard and Judy were disgusted, Nick was furious, Jayden was confused, and I was trying to keep fights from breaking out. Talk about fun!

Lucinda sneered at me and said some things I wish Jay hadn't heard. She was also dressed in the skimpiest outfit even a hooker probably wouldn't wear.

Nick set her straight. While also throwing me on a giant pedestal and Lucinda drove away in tears and anger.

If Jay hadn't been there it might have been funny.

But he was. And was thrown into Lucinda's cross hairs.

Right before Nick almost punched her for her words, she called Jay a bastard child.

She told him Nick wasn't his daddy. That he had no daddy and would never have a daddy.

That because he wasn't biologically Nick's, then Nick wouldn't view him as a son and had no rights to him.

I literally had to throw myself in front of Nick when he lunged for her while trying to calm myself down as well. Nick couldn't hit her.... but I sure as hell could. I have never felt so angry towards another person (except maybe the person who attacked us). It shocked me.

No one messes with my baby.

Once we kicked her out, we spent the next several hours calming Jayden down and answering his questions. He was so sad and upset. Not only did he question not having a "biological" father he also questioned why he doesn't have any of his birth parents.

It broke my heart. I may not have birthed him, but he was mine. And he was Nick's. Nick was absolutely devastated. He told me his heart felt like it shattered at the look on Jayden's face. He wanted to hit Lucinda so badly that it scared him as he isn't a violent person. I understood far more than he could think.

To Nick, Jay is his son. He had never thought about him not being blood related because honestly, it hadn't mattered. They both took to each other and acted like they had been father and son for life, not just a few short months.

We assured him that Nick was definitely his daddy. Jayden, being the smart kid he is, asked what biological meant (though he couldn't pronounce it.)

So, we informed him as best we could about what it means but that we are a family and that would never change.

I didn't know how much he understood until recently. He's a smart kid. He asked what rights meant and we tried to explain it. We would never lie to him.

It's definitely difficult explaining legal issues with a toddler.

But he understood. The rest of the night was spent with all three of us cuddling in bed as a family. Jayden was sandwiched in between us and we both smothered him in kisses and affection.