14

Sooah came into his father office. "father." she greeted. Mr. Han turned to his daughter and coughed.

"are you okay?" she asked him. he just nodded gesturing her not to be worry. "sit down, i have something to say." he ordered Sooah and they sat on the sofa opposite to each other.

he passed her one jewelry box making Sooah looked at him. "what is this?" she asked scanning the box that was in her hand. "open it first will you?" he laughed.

Sooah then opened the box. it was a very beautiful necklace with a diamond in the middle. "that was your mother's necklace. she wore it during our wedding day." he explained. 

her eyes watered as she traced her fingers on the necklace. "its so beautiful." she muttered. "i'm sorry, Sooah. but that is all i can give before i go." he said in sorrow looking at his daughter.

Sooah narrowed her eye at her father. "what do you mean? where are you going?" she asked. Mr. Han sighed. "you will soon know Sooah." he paused. "but when i go, please always take care of yourself, listen to Joochan even i think you will not obey him but him obeying you." he laughed.

she just laughed awkwardly still processing what is her father talking about going. "but father," she called. "are you sure this engagement thing is going to work?" 

her father sighed. "of course, with this i know that i can rely someone to take care of you or knock your sense out when you are doing something wrong." he exclaimed jokingly.

after having a good conversation with her father, she went down to the kitchen. she walked pass by golden child who was having fun playing games. she drank a glass of water and walked back towards the stairs.

"Sooah let's play with us!" Sungyoon called her out pointing to the board game that they were playing. she took a peek at the game and looked at them. "but i don't know how to play.." she stated.

Sooah grew up not playing with some fun games, but she grew up with guns and more dangerous adventures.

"its okay we can teach you." Bomin gestured her to sit with them. she took a seat beside Bomin and Jangjun, making her in the center. she just sat there waiting for the instruction.

"okay so this is a monopoly." Youngtaek began to explain. "the game only need seven people playing and one banker, the banker is Seungmin." Sooah took a glance at Seungmin. "this game is like you buying the lands and some buildings." 

Youngtaek then continue explaining for minutes and its a relieve that Sooah can catch up with the instructions. "okay i get now." she stated.

they began to choose their small character beside Seungmin the banker, Jibeom, Daeyeol and Donghyun. Seungmin then distributed the money to the players. they sat on the sofa while the others on the floor playing.

soon enough the game became intense when Sooah keep buying lands and buildings. she was keeping up with Joochan and Jangjun who also have a lot lands and buildings. to their realized Sooah keep smiling watching the ones who stepped on her lands.

"hah! now pay me you are stepping on my land again." she playfully said and hand out her palm to Jaehyun who keep stepping on her land. "ah really! i give up! i don't even have money anymore." he passed the rest of his money to Sooah and stepped out from the floor joining on the sofa.

Sooah count the money then turned to Jaehyun. "its not enough." she said making him whined in annoyance. "gosh i will pay you on the next game." he stated. she stared at him for a second before turning around. "mark your words then."

Jibeom scooted closer to Jaehyun. "what if she remember your debt?" he whispered. Jaehyun shake his head. "she won't remember. its just a game." he shrugged.

hours later, they finally on their last round resulting Sooah won the game. "i won!" she cheered happily making them cheered too. they were happy that they saw Sooah smiling and playing happily. at least, they can help her forget the problems around her.

"let's go to sleep now." said Sooah standing up. "we have school tomorrow. it is a nice game." she said waving them a good night walking towards her room.

they all sighed. "i wish Sooah can be like this everyday, even in school." Bomin said. "smiling really suit on her, don't you think Joochan-ah." Daeyeol pushed his shoulder teasingly. 

he sighed in relieve. "its good that no one died tonight." he stated making them look at him confusingly. "didn't you all remember what happened when she lost to me during the gun training in school?" Joochan asked them.

they shuddered at the memory. "thank god that she won then. i almost buy the land that she have been eyeing." they laughed together. "can't even imagine what will happen if she lost." Seungmin stated. they then packed up the game up and went to sleep.

----

Sooah walked around in a beautiful garden that was surrounded with various color of roses. she saw a woman in white standing ahead of her. the woman turned around and smiled at her.

"mother?" she called. the woman gestured her to come closer. soon the face was clearer and she ran crushing the woman in a tight hug. "mother!" she cried.

she caressed Sooah's hair. "shhh love. don't cry." she bought Sooah onto one bench sitting down. Sooah was still in her arms. "are you real?" Sooah asked pulling away from the hug. she smiled at her caressing her cheeks. "this is your dream, Sooah."

"and you are here just to visit me?" she asked making her mother chuckled. "mother, why did you leave me so early?" Sooah asked. "i don't know but i have a bad feeling, is father going to leave me soon?" the question suddenly blurted from her mouth.

her mother looked at her in sympathy. "Sooah, after this you have to be strong. you have someone that actually care about you." she said making Sooah raised her eyebrow. "is it father, mother?" she asked innocently.

"you will know soon." she giggled. "you should change yourself. let go of your cold side." Sooah shake her head. "i don't know mother. its hard to change in just a blink." she replied.

her mother stared at her daughter lovingly. "of course you can. you just need some time." her mother replied. 

Sooah's eye went to a small figure quite far away from her mother's back. it was a toddler at the age of maybe two till three years old.

"mother, who is that little boy?" she asked pointing behind her back. suddenly her mother stood up. "wait where are you going?" Sooah tried to grab her arm. 

"daughter, its time for me to go. please take care of yourself after this. be strong my girl, be strong. mother loves you very much. i will visit you soon." 

her mother slowly fading away with the toddler. Sooah cried calling for her mother, "MOTHER! DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN!" she cried clutching her chest.

"SOOAH! WAKE UP!" she looked around to the source of voice. but no one was there. its just her, alone in the garden.

"SOOAH!!!"

she jolted up in her bed breathing hardly and sweating. she looked at the person who was holding her shoulder. it was her father and Joochan looking at her concern on their faces.

she threw herself to her father and cried. "i saw mother. it feel so real." she cried. Sooah then tell them what was in her dream. her father wiped away the tears that was remaining on her cheeks. 

"don't worry about the dream. it has messages in it but you have to solve it." he stared at his daughter. "now go get ready, its time for school. you too, Joochan." her father ordered.

Joochan went out of the room closing it behind. her father stood up but she grabbed his arm stopping him. 

"father, what does it mean? i asked mother if you are going to leave me, but she just answered that i have to be strong after this. you are not going to leave me, aren't you?" she asked looking up to him.

her father had a clenched in his heart couldn't help trying to hold his tears.

"i will never leave you Sooah. i will forever with you."