22

"why did you did that?" 

Sooah looked up to Joochan who stared at her like he was about to chomp her off. 

"do what?" she asked taking a bite of the porridge that Joochan bought for her. 

"don't play dumb, Han Sooah. why did you risk your life? you could let the man-" he was cut by Sooah dropped down the spoon on her bowl with a loud sound. her face twitched. 

"i-i..." she couldn't find any words to tell him. she deeply sighed. "i don't want you to get hurt." she blurted. "i rather risk my life than looking at any of you get hurt. i don't want to lose you." she whispered the last part.

she cleared her throat. "besides its just a stab, nothing serious." said Sooah cockily. "you are talking nonsense. don't you know you almost die because of bleeding much?" Joochan scolded.

she rolled her eyes. "is Byungchan still unconscious?" she asked trying to get out from the topic. "yes. checked him before i come here." he answered. Sooah leaned onto the bed head looking up at the pale ceiling. "its so weird. where did he got the milk from?" she muttered.

"what milk?" he raised an eyebrow. "i asked him to take the parcel at the front gate. it was the antidote they sent all away from China." she paused. "when he came inside, he was swaying like a drunk person. i saw him holding a bottle of milk then he fell down shaking."

"i quickly took the antidote and shove into his mouth." she went silence for a moment. "there's no more antidote." she sighed.

"do you know where did he got the milk?" Sooah groaned. "i don't know. that's why i need him to open his eyes."

she scanned his body. "you don't have any injury right?" she asked in concern. Joochan sighed looking into her eyes. "i'm all good thanks to you. i owe you my life." he smiled at her.

"i will leave you to rest now." he pecked her forehead and taking away the empty bowl with him.

"i see some love in the air." Sooah jumped at the voice and saw Byungchan peeking at the door smiling sheepishly. Sooah slowly sat up holding her stomach.

"since when you are awake?" she asked gesturing him to come in. he closed the door and sat on the chair. "an hour ago. i went to clean myself up." he sighed. "thank you, Sooah. if you didn't shove it i might die now."

"i'm so sorry because of me the antidote--" she shushed him up. "don't worry about the antidote. i'm glad that you are still alive, that's all."

"care to explain where did you got the milk?" she asked. "as you know i went to get the parcel, just then a young boy came and gave me the milk. he said he is giving the milk to everyone in this neighborhood." he paused.

"after that the boy then ran off to where gods know. feeling thirsty, i just drank the milk and that's were i got drugged." he explained.

"how does the boy looked like?" she asked.

Byungchan's lips pouted as he was trying to recall the features of the boy. "hm, he has s light undercut black hair, his height is maybe around 135cm. maybe he's around the age of 8 and he has a fair skin."

Sooah stared at him processing everything that he had explained. slowly realization hit her like the lightning, she gasped.

"Byungchan, there's no one else on this land property beside this mansion."

----

"how can everything that i plan always went south?!" the man shrieked. 

the person only had his head down not daring to looked at his boss. "i-i'm sorry, Sir. she suddenly appeared out of nowhere. it all happened in seconds! i can't stop the time."