a promise

Is it just me? Or does the title sound angsty but the story is not?

I guess I should not make angst for a while ;>;

—–——

Flashback

It was a sunny day, a perfect day for the kids to play around. Especially for Lil' Amane and Nene.

(Forgot again, Amane is 5 and Nene is 4)

Amane and Nene was running around at the playground since they do this almost every Sunday. Their moms talking about something at the bench they're sitting.

"You'll never catch me!" Shouted Amane.

"Oh yeah? Well, how about this?" Nene jumped to Amane and they fall onto the ground together. Their giggles turned into a loud laugh.

"You cheeky little Daikon." Amane pinch Nene's cheek, that made her puffed her cheeks too.

"I'm not a Daikon!" Blurted Nene.

Amane laugh, hugging Nene onto his chest. They smiled, and quickly got up.

They now saw the sun setting slowly, the sky mixed up colors with pink and orange.

They heard their moms shouts they're name from the distance, signalling that its time to go home.

They had they're goodbyes and went to their moms.

"Hey mom?" Asked Nene, who was looking at the sky.

"Yes my dear?" Her mom answered, looking at her with a sincere smile.

"Is it okay that I wanna be Amane-kun's bride?" Her mom was surprised at her daughter's words, but happy at the same time.

"Yes dear, when you grow up to be a beautiful lady, you will have to marry the one you always loved. Like me and your father."

Nene thought about that for awhile, she was very young to know about marriage. Her mother didn't think about it since she's just 4.

"Hey mom?" Lil' Amane tug her mother's shirt.

"Yes sweetie?" His mom looking down at him. "Is it okay to marry Nene when I grow up?" Her mother just smiled and looked straight ahead.

"Yes, its okay to marry her. If you really wanna marry her, just don't forget her, leave her behind, and love her always." His mother's advice filled him with determination. He promised to himself to never forget her, leave her, and always love her.

——–

Morning came, all the kids went to their school, which is kindergarten.
Like always, Amane and Nene walk to school together.
(Which they do this always.)

Believe me, they're really are best friends since they're mothers are best friends too.

They had their goodbyes and dash towards the school.

Their moms giggled.
"Kids" they said in sync.

"Amane-kun! Wait up!" Shouted Nene.
Amane just kept running until they found themselves at the school grounds.

"Hey Nene! I'll wait for you here!" Shouted Amane who was sitting at the grassy ground. Nene smiled and began walking towards him.

Till she saw a girl sitting next to him. Curious, she began walking fast to ask him who she is.

"Amane-kun!" Nene shouted, and Amane look up, smiling.

"Oh, Nene. Forgot to introduce to you, this is Yoshino Suzune. Suzune-san, this is my best friend, Yashiro Nene." Amane exclaimed, Nene was kinda jealous at this point but, she's not letting it show.

"Hey, Amane-kun. I should go to the bathroom. I'll see you later!" Nene waved goodbye, leaving the two alone.

Nene wanted to cry but she couldn't, whoever thought they could be together?

After school

Evening, where all the kids went to go home, well Amane and Nene stayed because their mothers are running late. Amane and Nene didn't talk for awhile because of what happened at lunch.

"Hey, Nene. Why are you ignoring me the whole day?" Amane ask, distancing himself from her cause he thought she needed space.

Nene didn't respond, she just continued to stare at the sky. Amane had enough of this and confronted her about it.

"Hey Nene! Why are you ignoring me?! You know I don't like that!" Amane held Nene's shoulders, she was shock.

Nene started to tear up, making Amane worried that he'd done something wrong.

"I-i..was jealous of you and Yoshino-san! It seemed like you love her!" Nene wipe her tears, and Amane stayed frozen.

"W-what are you talking about? She's my cousin! The only girl I wanted to marry is Nene!" Amane hugged Nene and she hugged back.

"You sure you wouldn't like any girl besides me?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Pinkie Promise?"

"Pinkie Promise."

———

ThIs dOesNt eVeN mAkE aNy seNsE wHy dId I MakE tHis?!

Even kids know what marriage is.

Sup.

What are you still doing here?

You wanted part 2?

Sure.

Bai

Luv chu.