Chapter 4

Stay Close

After splitting from Justin, the group of young adults kept strolling the dark, run-down halls of the abandon warehouse.

"We shouldn't leave him behind." Tamara suggested with concern.

Nobody wanted to say anything about it. Eventually, Amari opened her mouth to express how she thought about the situation.

"You're right. But we all need to stick together if we want to survive." Amari stated honestly.

Then, everybody stopped to rearrange their route.

"Well, I guess we'll go get him." Chris mentioned sarcastically.

Not only was Jabari tired of Justin, but Chris too. They didn't care for going back for him, but they went along with the others.

"Yeah, even though he's annoying. I can't leave a human being to die. I don't want his blood on my hands." Jabari stated truthfully.

"Hell! Let's go get him." Lexus added intentionally.

Once they turned around, the group noticed a dark figure attached to the ceiling as if it was standing upside down.

"Oh shit!" Chris and Lexus both said at the same time.

Everyone else stood there with their eyes wide open. Amari began to back up slowly. Jabari, Jasmine, and Spencer stared at the creepy figure. The idea of going back for Justin went out the window quickly.

"Hell no! This too much for me. I'm out." Jasmine responded anxiously.

Then, it happened. Whatever it was on the ceiling quickly started crawling towards them at intense speed.

"Ahh!" Most of them screamed as they ran in the opposite direction.

Everyone ran so fast and unthinkably, that they ran in different rooms.

"This way y'all!" Jabari yelled as he spotted the room on the left side of the hallway.

Lexus, Chris, Tamara, and Amari all ran into the room following close behind Jabari. The door closed immediately. The other two, Jasmine and Spencer ended up in another room alone with the mysterious, dark figure still chasing after them.

"Aww, shit!" Spencer grunted as he tried to keep up with Jasmine.

As slow as they were running compared to the others, she or Spencer had no clue where everyone else had hidden themselves. Jasmine quickly improvised and pulled Spencer into a random room.

"Woah, now! Come in here." Jasmine demanded pulling Spencer by the arm.

After closing the door, Spencer and Jasmine leaned against the wall to catch their breaths. It was now safe enough for the two of them to come up with a strategic plan to meet up with everybody else again.

"That was too close." Jasmine whispered softly.

Spencer took a deep breath and reached in his pocket for hi asthma pump. Jasmine knew that Spencer couldn't keep running in his condition. Another minute and he probably would've had an asthma attack.

"For real. We almost died." He mentioned after taking a couple of pumps into his lungs.

"I wonder where the others went. They were running fast." Jasmine replied honestly.

Then, she scoped out the room and it turned out to be another room which was connected to the same room.

"You see something?" Spencer asked curiously.

Spencer watched as Jasmine walked deeper into the darkness of the area of the adjacent room in the abandon warehouse.

"It's another room. We could probably go this way to get back." Jasmine suggested to Spencer.

Spencer's first thought was to stay hidden in the room until it felt safe to move to another area. But, he already knew Jasmine wouldn't want to just sit there waiting.

"Alright, let's go." He decided with ease.

The two of them made their way towards the door in the back of them room. Spencer ran his hands across the wall as he walked behind Jasmine. Eventually, the tips of his fingers found the light switch and he flipped it on.

"Woah!" Spencer moaned with amazement.

"This is crazy. We must be in a..."

"A warehouse or something." Spencer interrupted Jasmine.

"No, more like construction building." Jasmine corrected him.

What they saw was the inside of a laboratory. As intelligent as Jasmine was, she figured out quickly that they were in construction building. Her dad used to work for a construction company before he retired.

"Hold on, now! How many floors in here?" Spencer questioned loudly.

Jasmine didn't want to tell him because she knew he would overreact like he always do in any situation.

"Usually, between nine to thirteen. But seeing that this building has an old laboratory, it may just be some company that did a bunch of scientific stuff." Jasmine mentioned confidently.

Spencer wasn't really listening. He was too focused on at Jasmine's medium sized breasts and her lips.

"Yeah, I guess." Spencer responded casually.

Then, both of them continued their way through the ancient laboratory room. From left to right, all the saw were molded benches and desks. The entire room looked as if it was decades old and ready to be dismantled.

"I think everybody else is in the other hall." Spencer whispered.

"Possibly. We gotta make sure that creature is gone though." Jasmine replied cautiously.

Eventually, Jasmine and Spencer got to the end of the laboratory. There was an open door leading to a dark hallway with a tiny, glimpse of light.

"Okay, this is getting creepy. All these dark halls and shit." Spencer commented.

Jasmine turned her face towards Spencer and placed her index finger pointing upward against her mouth signaling him to hush. After that, they froze to listen to the environment of the area. Nothing but silence! Whether it was a good silence or an threatening silence, they both began to move forward in looking for the others. Then, it happened in the blink of an eye.

"That got them to separate. Just like I planned." The masked person whispered as he rushed past the doorway of the room.

Luckily, Jasmine and Spencer were quietly hiding behind the other side of the wall as the person passed by. They waited silently until the person would be completely gone.

"Oh shit!" Spencer gasped.

Footsteps began to ring in their ears. There was nowhere to hide. It was about to be all over for the two of them.

"Gotcha!" The masked person yelled after hitting the door with the back end of a Tomahawk.

Upon hearing the loud bang, the cat from before instantly ran out from under the table into the hallway where the masked person was.

"Damn cat! Let get back to my work." The masked man voice echoed as he walked away.

Then, he finally disappeared into the darkness leaving Jasmine and Spencer unseen.

"That was way too close." Jasmine sighed in relief.