Chapter 13

Guardian Angel

"Where do we go now?" Jasmine asked Spencer anxiously.

They had been stuck together since earlier that night. Not only were they looking for an escape, they were searching for different people. Spencer had a crush on Tamara, but little did he know, Jasmine always had feelings for Spencer.

"Anywhere for now I guess until we find the others." Spencer stated confidently.

"Maybe we'll come across some food. I know there has to be something to snack on around this place."

"This is no time to be thinking about a damn snack!" Jasmine snapped at him.

"Snack? I need a meal! I can't think on an empty stomach, hoe!" Spencer threw the words at her.

SMACK! Spencer's face was quickly slapped by the face of the defensive, young woman. He grabbed his face then let go as if he didn't feel the pain. The layers of fat prevented some of the initiated pain she tried to inflict.

"We need to go." He said as he kept walking.

"Wait! We don't know if there's any traps or the killer up ahead." Jasmine said unintentionally.

Spencer turned around and looked at her. Then, he grabbed her by the shoulder to make her feel less nervous.

"There's only one way to find out." Spencer replied calmly.

Jasmine gained her strength back to follow Spencer until they found the others. Spencer walked out of the room and headed down the stairs of the sixth floor. Even though he had no idea where he was going, he decided to be brave so he could stay alive.

"I'm right behind you. Let's find some food." Jasmine said sarcastically.

Spencer's eyes lit up with a smile after hearing her words.

~~~

Jabari and Chris turned around after the door closed, they could still hear the vicious beasts scratching at the door on the other side. Ignoring the noise, the guys saw what was terrifying to any human's eyesight. Chris suddenly leaned against the door and slid slowly to the floor in shock. Jabari just became speechless to the appearance of the dead body of Justin.

"Death is coming for us. He's not letting us out alive." Chris said softly.

"Shut up!" Jabari uttered.

"He almost found one way to escape. But that was a trap too!"

"And his dumbass got himself killed!" Jabari mentioned.

Chris got annoyed by Jabari's words. He didn't stop his words from coming out.

"It's true! There's no fucking way out of this shithole alive. This place...This entire place is a death trap. What makes you think the killer, that bastard is going to let us out of here. Cause it ain't going to be out of the kindness of his heart!" Chris snapped angrily.

Jabari didn't say a single word. All he could do was think about how Justin was the first one to almost escape. Even though the escape was a trap, he still also managed to get away. The body was split straight down the middle. The killer set the trap to a meat slicer, which was attached to the very top of the wall near the ceiling.

"Damn!" Jabari whispered softly.

Justin had tried to escape through the ventilation system. Sadly, he didn't have any idea that he was going to be sliced to death. He had a chance to turn around, but the trap had also triggered a heat that gave off like a furnace. He only had two choices of death. Be burned from the inside out or be sliced to pieces. At the end of it all, Justin came to peace that it was the end of the line for him.