Chapter 12

Uninvited Guests

"There it is." Lexus told the sheriff as he and the other officers were getting out of the cars.

Lexus had been making her way back with the cops. Her and the cops saw the warehouse in the back of the woods up ahead. After they finally seen the house, the cops met at the front of the house where Lexus escaped. The sheriff instructed the three cops he brought with him to find a different entrance to get inside so they could take the killer by surprise.

"You have your orders. Now go get that son of a bitch!" The sheriff yelled confidently.

"Yessir!" The policemen replied with confirmation.

The men surrounded the house to begin looking for the entrances into the house. The sheriff had decided to stay with Lexus and make their way towards one of the front door entrances.

"Let's see if we can get in through here. Watch my back!" The sheriff told Lexus.

"Alright." Lexus responded in agreeance.

The sheriff laid on the ground and peeped his head through the dog hole door attached to the door. As soon as he was able to get a view of the inside of the house, the trap door fell on his neck. It was a trap on his neck. The guillotine was so sharp that it cut his head off smoothly. Lexus felt like he was down there for too long. So, she had decided to check on him.

"What's going on?" Lexus asked quietly.

The sheriff didn't speak.

"Hello?" She asked again nervously.

No reply. Lexus pulled his leg and his body fell to the ground.

"Oh shit!" Lexus screamed as she saw the sheriff's head separated from his body.

The thick, red blood was dripping fast from his neck like a leaking toilet.

"Holy shit! I gotta go!" Lexus uttered to herself.

She quickly ran around the corner of the house to look for the other police officers. Nobody was in sight. Lexus became more and more terrified being alone again. Her heart rate raised above normal. It was racing at the highest pace she ever felt before.

"Deep breaths." Lexus told herself calmly.

POW! POW! Lexus heard the gunshots from outside. She instantly pushed herself to check the area even though she was sure she'd be better off staying where she was. Around the next corner of the house, Lexus had ran into yet another dead body of a police officer.

"Nooo! What the hell!" Lexus cried shockingly.

She looked the saw the officer's pistol on the ground next to his body. The officer had been shot twice in the chest. Lexus grabbed the gun and checked it for ammo. Suddenly, a dark figure ran from behind some bushes into an entrance to the house.

"HEY!" Lexus screamed.

Whoever it was had been watching from the moment Lexus found the body in front of the entrance. The dark figured person was clearly up to something. Lexus immediately ran to the next room to see where the person of interest had disappeared. The room was spooky and melanic. She could barely hold the gun at first as she ran inside the house.

"Just give up! The police are here now!" Lexus said as she creeped around the room.

"Why on Earth would I do that now?" The dark figured person spoke with a manly voice.

"Because I don't want to have to kill you." Lexus said after loading the gun.

Luckily for her, she had some gun training when she went to the police academy a few years ago. Lexus was not ready for what was about to happen next. Taking a life was not in her plans before this day came.