Chapter 6

Girl's Night In

"So, we looking for an exit, right?" Tamara asked curiously.

"Yes, we are." Amari replied as she kept walking forward as she looked around.

Amari, Tamara, and Lexus were all searching for some type of clue that would lead them to an exit. But it wouldn't be that easy as they thought.

"It won't be on this floor. We have to check the other floors." Amari stated.

She knew the masked person who put them here would not place them anywhere near the exit. If there even is an exit. But Amari felt it would be best for someone to find the exit and then get help.

"Makes sense. Let's find the stairs." Lexus commented.

After spending a few minutes looking for the staircase, Tamara was the first to find them.

"Over here y'all!" Tamara whispered as she pointed.

The girls all made their way to the stairs. Two choices awaited them. Up or down.

"Let's go up." Lexus said.

"No. We have to go down. The lower we go, the closer the exit may be." Amari mentioned truthfully.

Tamara and Lexus agreed. So, they all began climbing down the stairs. They ran into a door that led to the next floor. Amari opened the door and through it they saw another worn down hallway full of rooms to explore.

"Damn, this is crazy!" Lexus said as she gazed around the hall

"Let's go." Amari stated confidently.

The girls slowly made their way through the hallway. For them, it was just another girl's night in. Only this time, they weren't the host of this night. One wrong decision or move and it could be over for either one of them. These girls all seemed innocent, but to the masked person behind the operation, they were all guilty of something that happened in the past. Now was their time to pay for the actions.

"Amari, you're really good at keeping your cool about all this." Tamara mentioned softly.

"Slick! It doesn't phase you at all." Lexus added quickly.

Amari wasn't trying to show that she was scared. She wasn't big on conversations much. But what better time to converse with friends than now.

"We gotta stay cool. If we panic, we could die." Amari replied with courage.

"Yeah. That's true. And Lexus, you trained for situations like this so you should be ready." Tamara continued.

Lexus nodded her head.

"True. I ain't worried about a damn thing." Lexus responded in laughter.

"That's why you chose to stick with us, right?" Amari asked rhetorically.

Tamara got quiet. Then, she realized nothing could be hidden from Amari. She could see through almost anybody.

"Of course, I have better chances of survival with my girls." She replied confidently.

Lexus and Tamara laughed together. Amari just giggled a bit. It was the first time she had smiled all day. Shortly after, the girls walked into a room that gave them a chill running down their backs. Inside, there was pure darkness and it brought bad vibes upon the girls. It took a few moments for their eyes to adjust to the dark. Then, Amari found the light switch on the wall to her left side.

"Woah!" Lexus gasped as she saw the what the room had inside.

It turned out to be a bedroom that was used for magical practice. There were black circles drawn on the floor with symbols surrounding it. Also, the walls held pictures of everyone who was brought there that night. Each picture had what appeared to be dried blood on all of them and unknown symbols on the wall.