Chapter 6

We all gathered onto the quinjet, sitting in various plastic seats. Rhodey was sat next to me, Sam was in the pilot's seat, Vision was sitting in a hospital chair, and Wanda was in front of him. I reached into my jacket and withdrew my old hospital band. "What's that?" Rhodey asked, nodding towards it. "The hospital band they put on my wrist almost 20 years ago," I said, fiddling with it.

"You're only a teenager?!" He asked, shocked. "Legally, I'm an adult. Besides, I never got to have a childhood. Most of it was spent training or sitting in a cell," I shrugged. "Where were you imprisoned?" Rhodey asked. I noticed Vision paying attention to our conversation slightly. "A lot of places. The Raft, Asgard, and Svar--Sv--Svaratlfheim," I stuttered.

"You're not from here?" He asked. "Yes and no. My mum, may she rest in peace, was from Asgard. My dad, obviously, was from Earth," I said. "Yeah, but your dad's been to space plenty," He said. "Where is he now?" I asked. "Space," He replied.

I sighed and shook my head. "Of course he is," I muttered. Since it was gonna take a few hours until we got to wherever we were going, I leaned my head back and fell asleep in the chair. I woke up to Steve moving across the quinjet. Darn you, light sleeping.

I pulled out my picture, looking at it. Gods, what I would give to see him again, alive. "Who's that?" Rhodey asked, and I quickly slid it back inside my pocket. "Just an old friend," I said. "Where are they?" He asked.

"He died a couple of years ago after a robbery went wrong,"

a/n I got Marvel's Avengers yesterday, but my family has multiple steam accounts, where I bought it, and I got it on the wrong one, so we're waiting for a refund so I can get it on the correct account.