Chapter 29

"Are you okay?" Barnes asked, looking at me through the corner of his eye.

"It's just, this is the..." I trailed off.

"Ah. Right," he redirected his attention back to the road, turning the wheel slightly as we neared the building. We had been driving all night, and Barnes seemed tired.

I assessed the house, looking at all the cars on the front lawn. All in all, there were about nine scattered around, two Quinjets nearby.

"What's with all the cars?" I asked, shoving down my anxiety.

"Oh, you don't know? It's Christmas," Bucky said, glancing over at me.

"No, I wasn't aware," I said, fighting to keep my voice from straining.

"Yeah, they organized a big get-together for everyone. About twenty-five people, including us, will be there," he explained.

We pulled into the driveway, the gravel crunching as we did. I watched the door swing open, Scott stepping onto the threshold. We got out of the car, and he froze when he spotted me.

"Tanya?" he questioned.

"Hey, Scott," I greeted nervously. I felt sick to my stomach, and the biting cold wasn't helping.

"Here, here. Get inside before you freeze to death," he urged, Barnes eagerly stepping in to get out of the cold, while I hesitated, frozen in the snow.

Eventually, I gathered myself and took a deep breath, crunching through the snow onto the deck. I passed by Steve, ducking my head as I entered the building. However, I didn't go unnoticed.

"Scott, is th--Tanya?" Sam asked, baffled. Every eye in the room turned towards me, drinking my presence.

"Hi, guys,"

The Dark Antihero | Avengers: Endgame [6]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें