Chapter 40

Tanya's POV

"Everything alright?" Wait. Wait. I knew that voice.

I knew that voice.

Everything came flooding back at once. All the pain, all the suffering...all the joy.

"Loki? H-how?! Thor said you died! Thor said Thanos snapped your neck!" I exclaimed.

"I did, and he did. But I'm back," he was being so fucking casual about it I wanted to punch him.

My mind was trying to decide between asking him if he okay and apologizing for some strange reason. However, it came out wrong. Instead of asking "Are you fucking okay?" or "I'm sorry" it came out as, "Are you fucking sorry?"

"What? he asked scathingly.

"...That came out wrong," what came out wrong? Who am I talking to? What does he want with me?

"G-get the hell away from me!" I pulled back, staggering away from him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" he shouted, chasing after me.

I staggered further backward, before just starting to run entirely.

This guy was creepy. He wanted to do something to me.

I managed to back myself into a corner, or more accurately, the edge of a dock. "Tanya! Stop! What's wrong with you?!" he grabbed me, and I started trying to jerk away but he was strong.

Too strong.

"Get off of me! I don't know who you are! Don't fucking touch me!" I snarled, beating at his chest and clawing at his hands.

Unfortunately, this actual creep wouldn't let go.

"You know me!" he barked. I was starting to get legitimately scared, clawing at his face and neck, and kicking at his ribs and other sensitive bits.

My nails raked across his cheek, leaving four thin marks that started oozing odd-colored blood. Out of surprise, he let go and touched the mark. However, I had been aiming a punch at the time, and the force of it sent me backward.

My entire body suddenly felt a shock of cold, my back aching. I started panicking, taking short sharp breaths but all I got were mouthfuls of not air. I choked and sputtered, but that just spawned more of the cold substance.

Wait. It was water.

I was drowning.

My head knocked against something, and the black dots dancing around my vision rushed in at once. The last thing I saw was water and a blurry figure staring down at me.

Water, stained with red.

Tanya Boston will return in The Dark Savior.