Chapter 33

3rd Person's POV

Asya squirmed, closing her eyes and making her wrists phase through the cuffs. She stood up, rubbing her wrists.

It was late at night, and all the guards--the ones that normally watched them day and night--were asleep. It had been about two months since they all had gotten kidnapped, and just as long since they had seen Tanya.

After she killed her mother, she was dragged away and locked up.

Made to comply.

"How did you do that?" Sam hissed.

"Magic, birdbrain," she snapped, glancing around.

"Hey! You!" one of the guards had woken up, but Asya just tossed a knife at him, killing him along with all the others using a trick she had mastered a long time ago. She clicked her fingers, freeing the others.

They all stood up, rubbing the raw skin around their wrists.

"What do we do now?" Tony asked, struggling to his feet.

"We find the others and get out--simple as that," Jehlani said.

"Doesn't sound simple," Fury replied.

"Lot easier than other operations I've done," she muttered.

"What operations?" Sam asked curiously.

"I had to help fight off a race of powered individuals called Inhumans after I became one myself," she admitted.

"Did you lose anybody?" Steve asked cautiously, and Asya sighed, her lips forming a tight line.

"One. He was a good man. But, we're not here to dwell on the past, we're here to influence the future. We need to get the others, and then detain Tanya," she said.

"Detain's a strong word," Tony pointed out.

"Strong word for a strong and dangerous individual. I know people like her. I am a person like her. She's dangerous. If we approach the wrong way a whole lotta people are gonna end up dead,"