Chapter 24

Steve sighed, staring after Tanya's retreating form in the distance before returning to the others.

"Where's Tanya?" Bucky asked, stepping away from his little sister slightly as his face grew more concerned. Steve just grimaced, looking at the ground.

"She left," he admitted.

"Why?" Pepper asked.

"I don't know," he admitted.

"We have to go after her!" Sam exclaimed.

"Sam...we need to give her space. She's emotionally unstable on the best of days, and right now, she's emotionally fragile as well,"

"That's exactly why! Steve, you saw the footage, you know how dangerous she is!" Sam exclaimed.

"And she specifically told me not to follow her. We should respect her wishes," Steve said.

"Where would she even go?" Strange asked.

"She wouldn't tell me,"

"Why did she leave?" Pepper asked.

"She thinks she can't stay," he confessed.

"Why does she think that? It's not like we hate her," Thor said, still slightly out of it.

"She gave a look of reasons. Called herself a killer...a villain. Said she didn't belong. Too much Aesir blood,"

"Look, we just need to give her space, let her grief. These past few years have been hard on her," Steve said.

"That's exactly why she should stay--she has people than can help her here," Ian piped up.

"I don't think she'd accept our help,"

"Well, who's help would she accept?"

"Loki Laufeyson's, but he can't help us, because he died,"

"She was friends with Loki? Of all people?" Banner asked.

"They were close. I...I think she was his first real friend too," Thor said.

"What happened to him?" Rhodey asked.

"He was killed in 2013. And I don't think she ever recovered,"

a/n Okay, couple things. One, sorry I didn't update this last week! I was busy writing for SHE, which has some really long chapters (one of them is almost 3K words). Two, sorry this is so late compared to the first part of this update, my grandparents were visiting and I was obligated to spend a few hours with them. Three, I've set up a (in progress) guide that's already up! It's called 'A Guide to the Unsung Heroes Universe' and I've put the cast list for all of my characters up already. Go check it out if you want! Anyways, adios!