Chapter 19

Days after the members spend time with their families, the day came that they would spend together on the dorms.

Kibum who was just finished packing up his stuff, went to pick up his phone and texted in their kakao group chat.

“Guys? Are you all done packing?” sent 7:12

Kibum placed his phone down after he heard barks from his back “Awhh, good morning to my babies~” Kibum placed them down in his lap and pet their heads. Comme Des and Garcon his two precious babies “I’m gonna go somewhere and Mom will take care of you while I’m gone, okay?” his two dogs barked and snuggled up to him “Awh, I’ll miss you both too”.

Minutes later, the doorbell ringed “Ah, that must be Mom” he gently moved Comme Des and Garcon to stand up and open the door, “Good morning Mom” Kibum gave his mom a hug and his mom returned a hug too “Good morning Kibum, my baby has grown up so much” his mom gently pinched his cheeks. “Mom, I’m not a baby anymore” Kibum whined “You’ll always be our baby, Kim Kibum” Kibum let his mom enter his house and he carried her luggage to the guest room, “How long will you be with your group?” his mom asked while she pet the dogs head “A week mom, we will also celebrate the ‘New Year’ together as a group after a long time” Kibum brought his stuff to the living room. “Mom, I’m sorry that I couldn’t spend the New Years with you and Dad and Grandma” Kibum scratched the back of his head and looked down.

His mom stopped playing with the dogs and went to Kibum and hugged him “It’s okay, I understand that it must be hard for you guys since Jonghyun passed away” Kibum snuggled into the warmth of his mother, it brought him memories whenever his falls and cries. His mother would hug him to distract him from the pain “You know mom, I missed your hugs” his mom slowly pulled away “And I miss baby Kibum” they both smiled and Kibum’s phone started ringing.

“Excuse me mom” Kibum saw it was Jinki who was calling “Hyung, are you at the door?” Kibum then checked his clock that hanged from the wall and it read 7:35 “Yup, you’re ready to go?” “Yup, I’ll be there in 5 minutes” Kibum ended his call and got his things “Goodbye my precious babies and good bye mom” Kibum kissed his dogs head and ruffled them, he gave his mom a hug “Have fun! And oh I almost forgot” his mom rushed to the guest bedroom and came back with a tupperware “I made you guys kimchi” Kibum eyes lit up “Thank you mom” Kibum hugged his mother again and went to the door and the members were waiting.

“Hyung, what’s in the container?” Taemin squinted his eyes “It’s Kimchi, my mom made us some and could you guys help me?” the members got his stuff and bowed to his mother and said goodbye “You kids have fun! Okay!” “Yes, Ma’am!” they drove off the road.

“Hyung, did you get to see Jonghyun-hyung again in your dream?” Taemin asked as he fiddled with his fingers “Unfortunately, I haven’t seen him in my dreams from the past nights” Taemin pouted and looked down on the ground. “I’m sorry Taemin-ah” Kibum felt bad since the younger really wanted to see Jonghyun “It’s okay Hyung, you’ve got nothing to apologize and I’m sure Jonghyun is doing his best to see us in our dreams” Taemin let out a smile and Kibum returned a smile with a side hug.

“Guys, we have arrived to the dorm” Jinki parked the van and they helped each other with their stuff “Hyung, let’s slowly bring our stuff to the room” Taemin struggling with his stuff “How about Kibum and I will slowly unload the van while you and Minho will bring the stuff, deal?” as Jinki finished, the members nodded. After 30 minutes, they were able to bring their stuff to the room “I regret bringing the stuff up” Minho huffed and sat down on the couch like a rock falling from the sky “What’s better is that we have brought up our stuff” all of them panted and their room was located on the 3rd floor of the building.

“Okay, we will sort off our stuff after all of us will take bath” Jinki stated as he stretched his arms “I call dibs!” Taemin exclaimed as he brought his stuff and went to the bathroom. “Was he waiting for you to say it?” Minho chuckled and Jinki brought a smile to his face “I guess he did” Kibum added “Well who’s next?” Kibum raised his hand “I’ll be next” “How about you Hyung?” Minho asked “I’ll be the last to take a bath” “Okay, Hyung”.

  The members spent their afternoon taking a bath and sorting their stuff in their rooms, it was slowly turning to night as the members went to the kitchen. “What should we cook?” Kibum asked as he placed an apron and same with Jinki “Surprise us, Hyunggg” Taemin said as he couldn’t think on what they should cook “I haven’t nothing on my mind and I agree with Taemin, it’s been so long we have eaten together” Minho added “Okay, Hyung could you chop some of the ingredients while I prepare the broth?” Jinki nodded to Kibum.

  While Taemin and Minho have finished setting the table, Kibum and Jinki have finished cooking their food “What did you guys cook?” Taemin asked as he sat down beside Minho “We cooked Sundubu Jigae” the members couldn’t get their eyes off the dish. “I’m sure Jonghyun would want to a lot of these” Taemin said as he reminisced their memories eating together “I’m he would” Jinki said, they ate and talked about their old times that brought their selves to laugh and fall on the floor. After they have finished their dish, Taemin and Minho washed the dishes while Kibum and Jinki cleaned the table.

    “Hyung, could we together in the living room in New Year’s Eve?” Taemin just finished placing the plates “Sure but why?” Jinki looked to the younger in concern “I just thought that if Jonghyun-hyung hasn’t went to our dreams, how about we sleep together” Taemin looked to the window “I think he would like to see us in our dreams together” Jinki smiled.

      “I’m sure he would Taemin”.

[Author's Note in the comments]