14

Today was the day, Abbey Road.

To say I was proud of Harry would be an understatement.

I spent the night at his house last night and most of it consisted of me easing his nerves. He was so anxious and in awe that he was recording at Abbey Road.

I left after we had breakfast and I continued to tell him that he deserved it and I was so proud of him. After a short kiss on the cheek I went back to my apartment to get ready and head straight to Abbey Road.

Cameras and lights were set up yesterday so that took a bit off the list of things we needed to do.

I did my final run throughs making sure all the cameras were set and ready, instruments accounted for, everything was in place and for the first time I didn't feel nervous. I just felt really excited and happy and proud.

Today was the album recording and then we had a break and then Harry's interview.

Doing all of this in a day was sure to make us exhausted but we wanted his emotions from the recording in the interview.

Harry was breathtaking, wearing all black and his hair was slightly messy. He gave me a cheeky smile before saying 'Hi' to his band who were at their instruments preparing for the recording.

I made notes through each song of where i wanted to either let the whole song play or cut in and show footage that Harry gave me or maybe even some of the interview questions.

I had to tear my gaze away from Harry who took many opportunities to smile at me while he sang or make eye contact.

I couldn't help but feel so inspired by him as he continued to sing. Watching the whole band, their chemistry, it felt like an honour to be the one experiencing and heading this project.

I took time admiring each band member and their insane talents, to be here at Abbey Road with these musicians felt like a dream.

I payed particular attention to Sarah who I had gotten to know pretty well since I've hung out with the band quite a few times, she was insanely talented and wicked on the drums.

I loved when musicians lost themselves in the music, maybe it's my background in music that helps me relate to that place you go to in your mind when it's just you and the music. Sarah constantly was in a different world and I loved it.

I was probably becoming more of a fan of Sarah than Harry, but shh...

Next, I focused on Mitch. Mitch is... electric. He's a legend, truly. Mitch is so unbothered by everything and I think the thing I admire most apart from his insane musical abilities, is his love for Harry.

Their friendship is so precious to them and I love watching them interact with each other. I love that Harry doesn't feel like he has to hide from Mitch, they just love each other and probably will always remain best friends.

Back to Mitch's musical abilities, it reminds me of Sarah in way. The way he gets so lost in the music, I wanted him to have more solos. His mind was amazing with how he created such beautiful guitar pieces that really pulled the song together.

Of course my main focus was always on Harry who was a legend himself. His mind, his charm, how he let's go when it's him singing. Seeing Harry so happy and being able to perform his own songs that he was proud of felt like such an intimate thing.

I would be travelling back to New York next week and pouring everything into editing this video. I didn't even want to think about the goodbye that I was headed for.

I knew leaving would change our relationship in some way, I just wasn't sure how. But I wasn't going to let the fact that I was leaving cause me to withdraw from being present in the moment with Harry.

Besides, we would still remain friends and now I just had a reason to come to London more.

I was going to be on Nick's show with the BBC on Wednesday to talk about my documentaries and more particularly to talk and promote Harry's new album documentary.

I was excited because I knew talking with Nick would be very easy, it always is.

The day came and went so quickly that I hadn't even noticed Harry stayed behind as we packed up all of the equipment. It was such a busy and tiring day, I couldn't wait to take a long bath and sleep.

"Hi," he smiled grabbing my hands and pulling me closer to him leading us down a hallway so we had more privacy.

"Hi," I smiled a breathy laugh. I tried to ignore the warm feeling I got as his hands intertwined with both of mine.

"I just wanted to say thank you for today, I was so nervous but you made everything go so smoothly."

"Of course," I smiled letting a small blush rise to my cheeks. "I'm very proud of you, you did amazing today, love." I blushed at the slip of a small pet name. It wasn't weird for British people to use it but it felt so foreign to me and I didn't even realise it as it was coming out my mouth but Harry did and way his eyes lit up made me melt.

"We're all going out to celebrate, get some drinks, I wanted to see if you wanted to join us?"

"That is very tempting," I smiled. "But I am really tired, so can I get a raincheck? I'd love to go get drinks with you."

"Okay then, it's a date." His words were confident but he his voice slightly fluctuate up letting me know that it was choice and if I still wasn't ready then he would be fine with it.

But I knew there was nothing holding me back right now, "It's a date."

Both of our smiles were so wide as we processed our words and his cheeks matched the pink in mine.

"Harry! You ready?" Mitch asked from the end of the hallway.

"Coming," Harry called nodding to him. Mitch walked off and Harry looked back down to me. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Harry. I'm proud of you." I smiled kissing his cheek.

"I'm proud of you too, love. This wasn't just a big day for me but you as well." He winked kissing my forehead and giving me a hug before leaving me.

My insides were mushy and I felt really warm thinking about the whole day.

I can't believe I'm going on a date with Harry Styles.

•••

"That is the cutest thing ever!" Hazel said smiling widely.

"It was definitely a special moment, one of my favourites. Everything was so playful and fun between us," I smiled closing my eyes.

"Oh, Collins is here!" She said looking out the window to see his car. "Bye, Gigi! I love you."

"I love you my dear," I called back as she walked out the room.

"You're making her world telling her this story," Lennon said bringing me another cup of tea. "But, if it's too much mum, she'll understand." She gave me a look of sympathy and I nodded with a smile.

"It's nice," I sighed taking another sip of my tea. "I like reliving in these memories with your dad, I just can't believe I can remember them in such detail."

"Love has a way of helping you remember the small moments just as well as the big ones."

I smiled at my daughter's words, she was right. My love for Harry gave me the best life I could have ever wished for and the best family I could ever call my own.