24

I was picking Harry up and I was nervous.

I was still so hurt and nervous now to see him but of course I missed him and was excited to see him. He pulled some strings and I was parked in a vacant area waiting outside my car for him. Nashville was pretty cool so I held my jean jacket closer to my body.

The nerves and anxiety I felt made me sweat despite the weather. As the lights of a car came closer I knew it was moments before Harry and I were together again. I dreamed about this moment and the kiss and the hug and the joy but all I could feel was sadness that something bad could or would happen.

Maybe these last few hours on the plane he thought about it and decided I wasn't worth it and he wanted someone else. Maybe he was tired of me or wasn't attracted to me. Maybe I'm not pretty enough for him. Maybe he isn't falling in love with me anymore.

Tears formed in my eyes and all the negative possibilities ran through my head of what could happen. I quickly turned my body away from the car so I could wipe my eyes and paint a smile on my face. I was sure my face was red and blotchy from anxiety.

My smile became a little genuine when I saw Harry get out of the car with two bags and tell the driver Thank you.  

He was always so handsome.

The trunk of the rental car I had was already open as he walked closer with a small smile on his face. He placed his bags in the trunk before turning to me.

"Hi," He said sheepishly.

"Hi," I echoed back.

As if we were magnets our bodies attached to each other gripping tightly in a firm hug. I sighed and rested my head against him as he held me closer.

"I am so sorry, Georgie," he whispered in my ear kissing the side of my head.

"Let's go back to the air bnb."

I wanted to talk but I also wanted something more comforting than the side of an airport to talk at.

He nodded and got into the passenger side of the car. I could tell he didn't know what to do physically with where we were at right now. Usually his hand would find mine or he'd place his hand on my thigh but we were in this weird place so he crossed his arms and leaned his head against the seat while the radio played.

At least it wasn't an awkward silence.

The drive was just over 30 minutes and I ordered pizza as soon as we arrived while Harry put the bags in the room and then took a shower.

At least he was putting the bags in the room, he must still like me, right? I mean that's why he didn't answer, because he just decided he wasn't that into me. Right?

My nerves and anxiety began to build up as I heard the water turn off and shortly after heard the bathroom door open. I stayed sat on the couch trying to even out my breathing.

"Georgie," Harry said walking towards me and sitting beside me.

"Do you want this to be over? Is that was happened a few days ago? Are you tired of us? If you are it's okay just please tell me rather than leaving me feel like an idiot for waiting for you to call me back or answer the call or at least act you wanted to talk to me," I said lowly looking at my hands in my lap. I held back my tears and closed my eyes.

"No, absolutely not, Georgie I only want you. I promise. They just kept adding more shows and I told Jeff to call you to tell you I couldn't make it but he didn't and I should have called you myself. Georgie, you are so important to me and I haven't been making you priority but I will. I-" he stopped taking a deep breath. I looked up at him and saw the tears in his own eyes knowing he meant every word he was telling me. "Georgie, I love you and I've been really shit at showing it the last few days but I love you and I'm tired of being scared of my feelings and scared of how madly in love with you I am."

"You love me?"

He smiled at my question giving me a nod and breathy laugh.

"I am insanely and unashamedly hopelessly in love with you, Georgia Lane."

"You were really shit at showing it. I don't want to become that couple Harry, where we say we love each other and say were each other's priorities but it doesn't match our actions."

"I don't want that either which is why I am not going to let it happen, it's you and me."

"I love you, Harry. I'm so in love with you but sometimes I get so scared that you want to leave me and I get so in my head about it and I wish you could just know what I'm feeling in the way Frankie and Laurel do so sometimes I'm not the best at communicating with you but I want to be better."

"We both have a lot of learning to do."

Everything changed. There was something about this moment that unexplainably changed the course of our relationship forever.