25

As amazing as our time in Nashville was we came back to New York and Harry was leaving tomorrow. While over the past few days Harry and I grew immensely closer and were wrapped in each other quite frequently and sharing "I love you's" constantly, in the back of my mind I grew anxious about his departure and how it would affect us.

Something about us solidified over the past few days. Our love and devotion to each other only grew more rapid as the days passed.

There was something intense about the love we shared. Everything with Harry was intensely heightened. The simple grazing of his finger tips across my body ignited fire within me. His eyes on me made me feel bold and confident, that I was worthy of his stare. His smile made me internally happy. His laugh gave me warmth. Just being around Harry was like a dose of a drug and I wanted to completely go beyond the point of no return.

In fact, I was already there. I was sure that no matter what happened in the future I would never be able to stop loving Harry.

The thought of forever with someone used to scare me, it used to drive me away from that person. When something is too serious I back away. With Harry, it gave me the opposite effect. I was now daydreaming about a future wedding. Picking the song we'd dance to together. I was imagining the names of our children. I was picturing his brown curls on a little girl with my hazel eyes. I was already imagining where'd we live, US or UK?

In my head Harry and I spent our whole lives learning to love each other more every day.

In reality, we had only been dating for two months and just survived our first make it or break it fight. This somehow seemed to solidify us.

Dating seemed to juvenile of a word to describe what we were. There was an unexpected mutual understanding between us where we both knew this was it, it was us, forever.

•••

Hazel's eyes were less misty and filled with hope as she dug her phone out of her back pocket and left the room to call Collins.

"She loves hearing this story, y'know," Lennon said stepping into the room to sit by me. "Thank you for telling it to her, I know it's not easy."

"This is exactly what Harry would have wanted, to tell our story over and over again."

"Tomorrow's the day," she smiled sadly.

"Frankie is taking me in the morning, I'll be fine. How will you be?"

"I'll be okay."

Hazel came back in with a smile that lit up the gloomy afternoon telling us that Collins would he coming to Manchester this weekend and everything was going to be okay.

The afternoon turned to night time full of tossing and turning until finally my alarm woke me up.

March 1st. The day my dear Harry said goodbye.

Frankie drove me to the cemetery and left me alone for a while so I could sit with Harry.

"How are you honey?" I said softly staring at the stone that had his name carved into it. "You should see Hazel and her boyfriend, just like us they are," I smiled closing my eyes.

In the last five years Harry became more and more childlike, it was sweet and endearing. He made sure we took picnics every day and danced late into the night. Even in our 80s he was such a romantic.

He battled cancer for five years without telling anyone and you wouldn't have known it. He stayed healthy and strong and you never would have guessed he was sick.