C H A P T E R 03 ஐ

Shinobu has made up her mind, as the past week has passed, she found out that teasing Tomioka Giyuu is fun, since she might get an actual reactions from him, sometimes even one word reply. It lightens up her mood sometimes. She likes to annoy him.

She has grown quite closer to him, even though he still ignores her, and she still finds him annoying, and cocky.

"And that's it for today" the professor informs his students, as Shinobu gathers her books and stuffs them into her backpack she immediately left the place, she's feeling quite energetic today, today she is finally going to start working at the cafe Mitsuri and the others worked at, she was supposed to start five days ago, but the manager asked her if she can wait a little longer, because there's something wrong with her files and they needed to fix it, though, Shinobu found that the excuse was total bullshit. But she can't say anything, can she?

As soon as she reaches the western gate of the University she dials Mitsuri.

"God, Shinobu where are you? I've been looking for you." The pink haired girl on the other line of the phone asks.

"I'm at the western gate, I'm sorry I'm late, but where are you?" She replies, looking around her in hope to find someone she might know however there wasn't any.

"Oh, it's fine," Mitsuri starts, her joyful tone lightens up Shinobu's mood a bit.

"Where are you?" Shinobu repeats her question.

"Oh I'm on my way, wait a minute is that you? I'm by the gate now" she says as Shinobu shoots her head up so she can see her.

"Oh yeah, you're the one that's waving, right?" She asks for confirmation, even though she knew it was her. She wouldn't mistake her best friend even among a huge crowd like this, Mitsuri is unique and different than any other girl she has met.
"Ok, give me a minute" She replies as she hangs up.

Just as she said, a minute later she caught up to her, "Oh! Shinobu-Chan, we need to hurry up, our shift starts in fifteen minutes"

"Who's going to take us there? There's no way we're gonna make it in fifteen minutes walking" Shinobu asks her, arching an eyebrow at her.

"Oh yeah, Obanai-Kun is taking us there, let's go" she says as she grabs her arm in order to pull her to where Obanai is waiting.

"Oh hi Kochou" Iguro greets blankly as soon as they get into his car, he's wearing a black face mask this time, he would always pick a different color, as if he has a whole drawer of only face masks, Shinobu always wondered why would he wear a mask the whole time? It's quite weird, it's not like we are in the middle of a pandemic or something.

"Oh hello Iguro-San" she greets back, her lips twitching into a thin smile.

"Soooo, we're gonna be there in five minutes" Mitsuri says as she hoops into the passenger seat, "You're gonna get partnered with someone else, and your partner is gonna explain how the whole thing works and show you what to your tasks are.

"Partner?" Shinobu asks.

"Yes!"

"And who's it gonna be?"

"You'll find out soon." she said winking at her, as she turned her head to talk with Iguro.

As soon as they pulled into the parking lot, Renguko appeared out of the Kimetsu café, "hello Kochou!!" He greets joyfully.

"Hi Rengoku-San" she greets back, still smiling.
Guess he's my partner then.

"Hey Rengoku-San!!! How are you??" Mitsuri greets him as well, Kyojuro's attention was completely drawn back at Mitsuri. As they started talking.

The moment later Iguro approached them, he whispered something to Mitsuri that made her face a blushing mess, she takes a deep breathe as iguro left her and started talking to Rengoku.

"Oh I'm so sorry shinobu, come on let's go" Mitsuri says to shinobu who is standing by the entrance of the giant Café.

The good thing that was going for shinobu that she knew every worker there, since they were the people she started to sit with at lunch, except for one certain guy, that never bothered to show up at the cafeteria again, Giyuu didn't bother himself to make an appearance in the Cafeteria the whole week, and the act actually confused Shinobu, but then again she couldn't careless.

Still, She'd meet him in the hallways sometimes, or in their shared classes. Of course she would start teasing him.

"Yeah let's go" she says as they enter the Café.

"So, what do you think?" Mitsuri asks her.

Actually, shinobu has been here several times, it's not that its a new thing for her or anything, the Café was giant, three floors, can fill almost 400 people at once, well it was the most well-known Café in the area after all, lots of people would come here, but for some reason, such a big cafe only has 8 workers, and shinobu is going be the 9th.

"I'll be back in minute, wait up"

Shinobu gives her a slight nod there waiting, looking around, for something, even tho she doesn't know what's is she looking for.

Two minutes later, Mitsuri comes back along with....Tomioka.

What the hell? She thought.

"He's my partner?" She says as she narrows her eyes at the man in front of her, pointing her index at him.

"She's my partner?" Tomioka fires back bluntly, his face remaining the same through the whole conversation.

"Yes!" Mitsuri says as if she's excited about the whole thing.

"Why him of all people?" She asks

"It's Oyakata-sama's orders!" She replies happily, and she claps both of her hands above her chest "I'll be leaving now, Tomioka-San be nice!" She warns as she takes her leave.

•••

A/N: look my current chapters suck, for real I know, just bear with me a little longer the story will get better I promise! I just want to put things on order as I planned.
Anyway, I got the whole Café idea from google and some fan arts, I basically searched 'college students part time jobs' and I got a baby sitter, cleaners, cashier and waiters at cafe and thought it was the best idea.