C H A P T E R 05 ッ

GIYUU

"You blushed, just admit it!"

"..."

I'm not blushing, or maybe a little, and I don't want to think or talk about it.

"Cut it Kochou" I say, still refusing to look her direction, she's still poking my arm, now I can finally understand Shinazugawa's suffering when he regularly complained when Kanae Kochou keeps poking him and annoy him back there in high school, although he seemed to like it, but I definitely don't.

"You're no fun Tomioka-San" she says softly I'm a singsong voice, still poking at my arm.

"We have job to do" I retort.

"Geez, I know, so what are we gonna do?"

I just shrug, I told her earlier to choose whatever she wants to do.

"I've an idea! Let's be the cashier" she suggests and I nod in agreement.

•••

"I'll start, then I'll let you try" I tell her and she just nods, a smile is plastered on her face.

Just as I took off my apron, -which I don't need when I'm the cashier- a group of guys enters the cafe, talking and chatting or on their phones.

One of them approaches us "hey dude, what's the best drink you got?"

"I recommend an iced green tea latte, or black coffee with cinnamon." I say uninterested.

"Oh, well give me the iced green tea latte, better be good" he says and winks at me, what the hell?

I nod as I type on the screen his order, I can feel Kochou's eyes focused on me, after all she's standing next to me.

"Anything else?" I ask.

"Oh yea, take the orders of my friends here" he gestures to one of his friends who's on his phone that it's his turn to order.

•••

And this is exactly why I hate being the cashier, people come here and they do not know what are they going to order, I mean decide then come, don't waste your and my time.

"You should smile more to the costumers" Kochou says, waving her fingers in the air telling me to smile.

"I'm good"  I say.

"Ara ara, are you mad at something?"

Why would she think that? I just ignore her question, there's no need to answer her at all.

Then suddenly she approaches me, and pushes me aside, "its my turn now, get aside."

"Oh hi there!" A girl says as her eyes wander from Kochou to me, she settles at me and offers me smile.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Kochou asks, but there's this irritated tone mixed in her voice.

"Oh, can I get him to order please" she asks shyly while pointing at me.