C H A P T E R 08 ❦

SHINOBU

"I won" I told him, as I leaned my back against his bike as I breathed heavily, proud for my victory.

he caught up to me few seconds later panting heavily as well, he kneeled down putting both of his hands on his knees, trying to steady up his breathing.

"It wasn't..even a race" he said still panting, as he finally raised his head up, and stood up properly, he stuffed his hand in his pocket and immediately pulled it out, revealing a key, the bike's key I suppose.

"Put this on" he said bluntly, as he handed me his helmet, as I started to to put it on, I jumped as I heard my phone buzzing,
"Where's my backpack?" I asked puzzled looking back and forth for it.

"Your back"

Oh right, I shrugged it off and yanked my phone from the front pocket. I checked it out, it's a text from Mitsuri.

•••

Mitsuri 🥺💓

Shinobuuu-Chan! Where are you? I thought you'd be waiting at the main gate as always, ʕʔ

   Me

Oh I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but  I'm going with Tomioka-San today :)

Mitsuri 🥺💓

\(≧▽≦)/

Me

What?

Mitsuri 🥺💓

Ooooh nothing just have fun ( ~*-*)~

Me

Hold up, it's not like that! And what's it with these...emojis?

Mitsuri 🥺💓

They're cute.  (>ω^)

Me

Ara? Ignoring my sentence? Is that a wink??
Delivered, 4:32 pm

•••

I guess I'll have some explanation to do before it's too late, otherwise she's gonna tell everyone she comes into contact with.

I turned off my phone, and put it back in my backpack, I wore the helmet, then I looked at him standing right in front of me, staring blankly at me, "alright let's go, but hurry up I've some explanation to do"

He nodded, not saying a single word, he hopped on the bike, and gestures for me to take a seat, and I did so, I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly. Again.

As soon as he turned the engine on, and started moving, I tightened my grasp even more, he seems not mind it though, I closed my eyes and pressed my helmeted head against his back, and to my surprise he's very warm. This is still terrifying actually.

Multiple thoughts are playing in my mind.

What if I fall and die?
Tomioka-San gave his helmet again, why? What if anything happens to him?
Is this really safe?
Why does this feel so wrong yet so right to be here?

But I can't seriously be thinking about such things like dying, or him, so I brushed off these thoughts, and focused on not falling no matter what.

•••

"Hmmm" Mitsuri shot me a suspicious look, while smiling widely as if there was no tomorrow.

"Don't get wrong ideas, We were at the library doing the project and he offered me a ride, that's it" I explained, ignoring the whole Resaurant session, I removed my gaze from her too settle on Iguro-san, I can se him smirking from behind his mask, "Ara, Ara Iguro-San don't tell me you too"

"No, I never said that, I just like Kanroji's reaction"

"Right! Mitsuri for gods sake stop this"

She let out a squeal and nodded aggressively "ok ok, but you two are sooo cute together, don't you think Iguro-San?"

He just shrugged, and said "if you say so"

We are standing in front of the Kemitsu cafe, Tomioka-San and I arrived here 3 minutes before Mitsuri and Iguro-San, I told Tomioka-San to go on ahead of me, so I can have a proper chat with Mitsuri, which definitely wasn't a proper one.

"cute together? Not In million years" I encountered, stating nothing but facts.

"Aaaah, alright then, let's go we gotta start" she said as she grabbed Iguro's hand and mine and pulled us in with her.

•••

"Alright, I'll take these" I told Tomioka-San as I grabbed the tray in a hand, and headed towards the specific table.

I placed the orders and heard one of the costumers calling out for me, "excuse me".

I walked in the direction of the woman that called me, "Kochou, look out, there's a poured drink-" Tomioka-San warned, I don't know what is he talking about, I looked at him cluelessly, as I proceeded walking, but before I knew it, I'm about to slip, I lost my balance, I let out a small shout, the whole thing happened in about 2 seconds before I found myself being held in two strong arms one on my waist and another holding my hand, stopping me from falling right on my face.

I can feel my blood rushing up to my face as I raised my head to see who helped me to be non-other than him, my face started to heat up at the sudden interaction.

"What the hell!" I yelled, grabbing everyone's attention, I'm so glad that Tomioka-San and I are the ones taking responsibility of the second floor alone, I'm really glad there are no workers other than us here.

He helped me stand up properly, "you were about to fall" he said bluntly, no expressions can be found on his features.

The way he held me made my heart skip not just a beat, but multiple in fact, I took a deep breathe, "you idiot, you shouldn't have helped me" I said, embarrassment is the only thing I can feel besides my stupid rapid heart beat.

"Fine, next time I'll watch you fall and laugh"

"First I wasn't serious, and since when are you capable of laughing?"

He just shrugged, turned around and walked away, it took me few moments to steady up my heart beat, and calm down so I'm not blushing anymore, "Tomioka-San!" I called out, he turned around and I wore a smile and gently said "thank you"

•••

A/N: I'm officially the CEO of fast updates 😎
(Not anymore lmao, it's taking me a month to update once :/ )