C H A P T E R 07 ❁

GIYUU

"Ugh this is so boring" I complain as I lean back in my chair and started tipping it further back, Kochou and I are at the library doing a 'research' about the project, although we have barely done anything the whole time.

Kochou looks up at me as she lets out a sigh, "for once, I've to agree with you" averting her gaze back to the laptop that's placed right in front of her, her eyes focused on the only two lines we have written in the past hour.

"Then let's leave" I suggest, Im actually taken aback by her answer, I never thought that Kochou, the person she is, would agree with me on something, never mind that she has a really high marks, and the kind-of-nerd she is.

She looks up at me once again, clearly confused by my suggestion, "I don't think it's a good idea"

"We still have a whole month to complete this" I point out.

"Well, practically three weeks not a month, and we didn't do anything in the last week." she trails off, as she leans back in her chair, looking up at the ceiling, "but...actually, you have a point let's leave."

Oh, That was easy.

"Alright then," I get to my feet, grabbing my bag in the process and place it on my left shoulder as I stuff my right hand in my pocket.

"Wait a minute, where's my phone?" She asks and starts looking for her phone from between the mess of papers and books that are scattered all over the table. "Here." I point out at her phone which was on the chair.

She lets out a small 'Oh' as she grabs it and start packing the rest of her books into her backpack, "alright, let's go."

We start walking towards the exit, when she suddenly stops, "Um..Tomioka-San where are we going?" I turn around that now I'm facing her and stare at her blankly, the problem is that I never thought about it, all I was thinking about was to leave this boring place.
"Ara, aren't you gonna say something?"

I sigh and say, "I don't know where actually"

"Wow, you're dense"

"What? Excuse me? I'm an above average student" I say in defense not removing my gaze from hers.

She takes a deep breathe followed by a sigh and she places both of her hands around her waist, waiting for my answer, "let's go and grab a bite." I suggest, lastly.

"My, my, are you perhaps asking me out on a date? Because sadly I'm gonna refuse t-"

"I'm not" I interrupt her remark, because I'm not asking her out on a date.

"Ahh, I was kidding though" She says and I only look at her blankly, few seconds had passed as we are staring at each other before I walk away.

"H-hey Wait up." she calls out for me as I hear her steps as she hurried after me.

•••

We walked to the restaurant, since she refused to use my bike, I actually ride the bike as a hobby, I can get a car if I want to, I've saves that are enough to buy one actually, but the bike is more fun, I don't know why would she think of it as a 'deathTrap machine'.

We are sitting at a table waiting for our food to arrive, I ordered a salmon daikon and she ordered udon I guess?

"Do you want us to head directly to the cafe after this?" I ask breaking he awkward silence between us for the first time ever.

"Oh, if you don't mind, but I'm not getting on that DeathTrap machine."

"Nothing happened to you last time."

"I grabbed on you tightly that's why."

"You can grab on me tightly again if you want."

Clearly, she was taken aback by my answer, as if she didn't expect me to say such thing, but did I say something wrong?
"What?"

"You heard me."

"I mean, are you okay with that? Plus I've Mitsuri and Iguro-San, they usually take me with them."

"I don't mind, and suit yourself." As soon as I said those words the waiter approaches us with a tray in hand and places our orders on the table, Kochou thanked him while I didn't say anything.

I glimpse at the plate in front of me and I couldn't help but smile, I really really love salmon daikon.

I start to eat when I felt someone staring at me, I look up to meet Kochou's disgusted face, she's looking at me with disgust? "Are you seriously smiling at your food? Um please can you...perhaps turn around? That's so weird."

"Why?" I Look at her in confusion, as I take another bite.

"You're literally smiling weirdly at your food." she explains as she grabs her chopsticks, splitting them up.

"......Okay.." 

•••

"That was good!" Kochou exclaims, her voice is mixed with visible excitement.

I nod in agreement, my eyes fixed on the road ahead of us, I steal a glance at my watch, it's 4:23 pm, luckily I don't have any other classes today, so I suppose I'm heading directly to my job.

"Ne..Tomioka-San," Kochou starts, she starts poking my arm, I speed up my pace -again, it's a move I always do- so I can avoid her poking, but to my luck she also speeds up catching up with me and.....she clutches to my arm.

"What..are you doing?" I ask hesitantly.

"Isn't obvious? I'm preventing you from leaving me behind again," she explains "Sooo, are we going to the cafe now?"

I look at her, "oh, so you're coming with me after all?"

"Yes!" She says, still not letting go of my arm, but if I'm being honest here, I don't mind it, actually I kinda like it.

"Alright then" I say as I grab her arm and pulled her with me to where I parked my bike, it's a ten minutes walk away from here, but if we hurry up we can make it in five.

"My, what are you doing Tomioka-San?"

"Pulling you, so you don't lag behind, we have to be there in fifteen minutes or we are going to be late." I explain not letting go of her arm as I fasten up my steps.

Then she suddenly stops, stopping me along with her, "What?"

"I'm faster than you, you know." she lets go of my grasp and went ahead of me.

We're maybe acting childish, but it's alright every once in a while.

•••

A/N: Ahhh, I'm sorry for the delay!
(I was suffering from the red velvet I ate the other day, if you read the tragic short story in my announcements section you'd know lol)