C H A P T E R 09 ✰

SHINOBU

"Come on in" Tomioka-San greets as he steps away from the door to let me in, I take off my shoes, jacket and hung it along with my other belongings before I go in, I hop onto the extremely white couch, facing me a huge TV.

My eyes wander around the place, everything is extremely neat and in place, almost everything is either black or white, which's kinda nice, "Ara, ara, I never thought you'd have such a nice place"

As expected, I didn't receive any answer, I crossed both of my legs, as I tilted my head to look at his direction, he's wearing a Guinness T-shirt, the material of it stretches thin and soft across his shoulders, but it really suits him.

It's been 2 weeks since we were assigned to this project, and we haven't done anything except for the two lines we wrote at the library the other day, we decided to meet up at weekends, because work isn't helping much either. We settled on doing it at his house, since he lives alone. And I've both of my sisters back there, which probably won't leave us alone, and by saying that I mean Kanae.

"So let's start?" I ask as I start to pull out the laptop from my bag and turn it on, soon after he approaches me, holding two cups of tea, he hands meone without saying anything and I gave him a smile to hide my irritation due to his lack of words.

"Ara, aren't you going to say anything?"

"I don't know what to say, that's all"

"Mhm, alright, I think we should finish a lot today"

He nodded in agreement, I took a sip out of my tea then placed at the coffee table nearby, "what's the project about again?"

"Seriously?" I looked at him to see a dumbfounded expression all over his face, I let out a small sigh, the added "environmental science, remember that"

"Okay, now what?"

"Simple, we do the project"

.

It's been 2 hours already, I'm actually happy by what we have done so far, we actually finished half of the project, that's when we decided to take a break, I'm currently at the kitchen, pouring myself a cup of water, to quench my thirst, as soon as I left the kitchen I spotted Tomioka-San sitting in my place, and typing something on my computer, I went over and hovered over and sat next to him, I placed my chin on his shoulder to get a better a view of what he's doing, "hmm, what are you doing?"

"Just fixing something, see here" he explained as he pointed at the 4th paragraph the 2nd line of the third page, "there's something wrong here"

"Oh, surprisingly, you're right, and how did you find it?"

He shrugged a little, "just was re-reading,"

"Did you find anything else?"

"Not really."

I adjusted myself to sit properly next to him, "what about we continue later?" I suggested, because this is really tiresome, to stare at the laptop screen and the books pages for almost 2 hours, and as expected "yes, I'm kinda tired" he agreed.

Awkward silence washed all over the room, as neither of us said a word, and finally I decided to break it "do you live all alone?"