C H A P T E R 14 ㋡

SHINOBU

I kind of cheered on the team for the rest of the Game, although they barely won by one point difference, but overall they performed really good,

And to my awful luck, as I was about to join them, and congratulate them on wining, there was that one blonde guy and rainbow eyes blocking my way, I tried to ignore him, but he kept blocking the way, "is there anything that you want?"

"Yes, you" my eyes widened at the response, I don't recall meeting this guy anywhere, "do I know you?"

"My butterfly don't tell me you forgot...it's Douma!"

"Douma?"

"Yes, two years ago we were at the same class, we were partners in some classes"

And it hit me, it's the annoying flirty guy that I was trying my best to avoid at high school, but I always end up with him in some stuff, like projects and having to stay after class for some work, and I hated it to the utmost level. He never stopped flirting with me, he started calling me 'my butterfly', and got my number somehow and started texting me but I ended up blocking his number, I hated him, therefore I forgot him, and didn't remember anything related to him. Until today.

From afar, I can see the rest of the guys and Mitsuri talking and kind-of celebrating about their wining, and Tomioka-San was sitting all by himself on a bench drinking water, a my eyes wandered around, my eyes and Mitsuri's eyes met, and I gestured to her that I need help by giving her a this-is-awful-I-need-help look, she nodded indicating she understood, she told something to the guys and started walking our direction,

My eyes are fixated on her as she walks, not actually hearing whatever Douma is babbling about, when she reached us, "Shinobu-Chan!!! Let's go, hm, who's this?" She beamed at us, a slyly smile playing over her lips.

"Her friend- no boyfriend"

"Aw, but I know you're not her boyfriend, she never told me about you," she stated, narrowing both of her eyes at him.

"Leave, you scumbag, how many times do I have to tell you to leave me alone?"

"You hurt my feelings this way my butterfly"

"Leave" I demanded, quite harshly.

"I'm not leaving until we have a proper talk."

Without any further warning, I felt a strong grip on my wrist as I was getting pulled away, I looked up to see Mitsuri pulling me away, from him, "just leave him alone, it's clear that this guy is no good news" she explained and I nodded in agreement.

We soon enough reached the guys, "who is he anyway?" Mitsuri asked me, I sighed "a guy from high school, he kept hanging around me back then"

"Aah, just don't let him near you, he seems awful"

"Yeah I know"

"Who are you talking about? Is there anyone who annoyed you Mitsuri?" Iguro-San joined the conversation.

"No, it's some annoying guy annoying Shinobu but we dealt with him." She simply answered.

I looked around and decided to annoy a certain anti-social person, I went his way and sat next to him, "yoho Tomioka-San" I said as I started poking his side, but he didn't bother looking up at me and kept his eyes fixated at ground, he's resting both of his elbows on his thighs and an empty water bottle in hand, seemingly thinking about something. This is starting to get annoying.

Nevertheless, I kept poking his arm non-stop "Tomioka-San!! Hey talk to me," but silence was the only response I got, I sighed "that's why nobody likes you Tomioka-San" I stated in in-a-matter-of-fact tone, not stopping to poke him, and that's when he looked up and grabbed my wrist, stopping me from poking him, and locked his eyes with mine for few seconds "I'm not disliked by people" he eventually said.

"Pfft, you're clearly an idiot" I said trying hide my clear irritation.

He said nothing as he looked at me, scanning me, "you look cute while wearing the jacket." He commented blankly.

I can feel color rising up to my cheeks, "eh??"

He pulled his hand away slowly, and retreated to his original position, I hit his arm playfully, "what would make you say that?"

He shrugged, "just telling the truth."

"Anyways, I'm sorry for wearing your jacket," I said as I started taking it off.

"It's okay you can keep it with you for the rest of the day." That's probably the longest sentence I heard him saying today, I smile started to form on my lips as I looked at him for few seconds, before remembering his phone call. "Um, Tomioka-San, here's your phone." I started as I took it out of his jacket pocket and handed it to him, "someone called...Makomo I think called"

"She called?" His eyes softened and lightened up a bit at the mention of the girl, as I handed him his phone, he immediately opened it and scrolled through it and called someone, more likely that girl.

It rung few times before she picked up, "Makomo, hey! Sorry I missed your call....yes, really?? Sabito as well?.....That's amazing," he paused for few seconds, more likely listening to her talking, "oh alright, can't wait....tell Sabito Hi,...,yes...I gotta go now, bye" and by that he hanged up, I never saw him this happy talking to someone, I never saw his face this way, as if it was lightened up by a some kind of miracle, and it hurts a bit seeing him all this happy over talking to a girl...

"Hm, is that perhaps your girlfriend?" I teased, a smirk tugging at the both corners of my lips, good thing to tease him about.

•••

A/N: yes yes double update as a sorry for not updating in a while, so you should check the previous chapter to understand this one lol.

Plus, I know literally N O T H I N G about football, so excuse the creepy description you just read.