C H A P T E R 12 ♛

A week later.

"Okay, I'll race you back to your place" she told him excitedly as she winked at him before running away, not giving him a chance to say anything or complain.

He sighed in defeat as he watched her figure disappear away from him, going into the direction of his house, she can be really childish sometimes, it's not that it annoyed him or anything, he liked to see her that way, he liked to see her all energetic and free. But there are limits.

She never gets bored

He took a deep breathe before he started running after her, he doesn't even plan to race her, he's not childish, but he can't keep her out of his sight any longer, after all it's a bit late, not that late, but a bit late, it's almost 9 pm, it's quite dangerous isn't?

He can remember perfectly how they ended up here, once again, they were having that awkward late phone call, and she had that bright idea of them to re-check on the project for any possible mistakes, of course, he knew that was just an excuse, he even confronted her "we re-read it last time remember?" But the answer he got was a nervous giggle, "I know, but this is worth 50 marks, it's important, plus, let's spend sometime together, I'm bored."

Whilst running, he smiled at the thought, he felt triumph that she choose him, she actually choose him, despite being pretty boring, but still, she wanted to spend time with him.

Practically, they re-read the whole thing in maximum five minutes, then she suggested to play video games, saying that she trained with her sister that she can defeat him, she has been trying to win for whole 4 weeks now, of course she never won once, but today, he felt why not let her win? And he did, he let her win, afterwards he faked sadness, and told her how good she has became, her reaction was precious, so precious in fact, she had that wide grin printed oh her face, her eyes gleaming innocently as if she was a child who just won the hide n seek game, but of course, that wont go without a price, she kept teasing him and poking him non-stop about it, but it he's being honest, he liked it, he enjoyed her company, and surprisingly, he enjoyed when she annoyed and teased him, though, he would never admit that.

Also, they cooked, well, he did the cooking while she watched him and kept teasing him about his loss, and finally, she felt bored, and suggested to go to the grocery store, to buy some snacks and candy, which he wholeheartedly agreed.

And here they're, she's nowhere in sight, and he's looking for her, he's still smiling, he doesn't even remember the last time he smiled. But yet he's now smiling.

But soon enough, his smile turned into a frown when he heard a familiar voice, "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME," his eyes widened as he hurried towards the source of the voice, more screams can be heard each step.

"I said, LET GO!"

And there it was, it was Shinobu, and two ugly-ass guys, harassing her, and trying to get under her pants, though she's struggling, but one yanked her arm towards him. "Oh let's have some fun sweetie."

At the sight, the pit of anger that was hidden in him, flared up with vehement rage.

Without thinking anymore, he approached the guy, and grabbed his arm harshly, letting go of Shinobu's own hand, who was struggling and was crying her eyes out, he tightened his grip on the guy's wrist, "what the hell do you think you're doing?" He said coldly, not averting his cold gaze from the harasser own eyes, the other one was already taking this as a chance to leave, "go away from here, or I'll call the police" he warned as he slowly let go of the guy's wrist and went towards Shinobu, he felt his heart broke at the sight. He felt pity for her.