C H A P T E R 26 დ

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗳 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 7500 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗼 2800, 𝗜 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗼 𝗜 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁, 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗲𝗵𝗲𝗵𝗲. >:)

-
SHINOBU

Friday evening is a relief. Kanae, Kanao and I are settled into Kanae's room for a 13 reasons why night on Netflix. It's our latest obsession, and I've been looking forward to it all week, but tonight we only half pay attention. Kanae is curled up on the window seat, tapping away on her laptop, and I'm sprawled across her bed with my phone in hand scrolling through messages, Kanao is also on her phone stretched right next to me on the bed reading apparently some kind of manga that she said she's set on finishing before the semester ends but she complains that it's pretty slow going and she can't concentrate...I wonder why.

I continue scrolling through my messages and pass through some old texts of people I'm no longer talking to then to the newer ones from Mitsuri, Rengoku and Tomioka.
For no reason, I tap on it and start scrolling up to our older chats.
"Shinobu, you've to make a move." Kanae's voice startles me back to her bedroom. She puts aside her laptop and raps her fingers lightly on the window. "You've been staring at your phone for the past half an hour, and we both know why."

I roll my eyes at her. "Kanae it's not the time for that"

"Nope. It is."

I shift restlessly on the bed. Not now. "We are just friends nee-Chan, nothing more."
Kanae keeps tapping her fingers against the glass, and I can sense Kanao's eyes darting from between Kanae and I back and forth, as she says, "So, uh...what are you two exactly talking about?"
"You see my dear Kanao, our dear Shinobu is in love with Tomioka, and refuses to admit that or confess to him."

"No. That's not true at all." I protest. She just grins and flutters a hand. Kanae's one of the smartest people I know, but she can be really childish sometimes and annoying, though, that adds a nice sparks on her personality. However ever since she confessed to Shinazugawa-Kun a week after her accident she didn't stop pestering me about me doing the same thing, and I never gave in and always told her that I don't have any romantic feelings towards him, which is obviously lies.
But apparently she didn't buy my lie not even once and still brings up the topic every here and then.

"Plus, he had been ignoring me in past two days," I add, and it's true though. It hasn't been too long since he's back to his normal schedule and regularly back to university and work, and for some reason he has been avoiding me, I wasn't sure about it until he didn't call that night. I thought better of it and decided not give it much thought, though, I'd be lying if I said it didn't sting.

Kanae goes back to staring out of the window with her usual faraway expression. She looks like a daydream herself: happy and ethereal, with her long black hair with pink gleaming eyes. I'm about to ask what she's thinking about when she suddenly faces me again with a smile. "I see how you look at him Shinobu, and I saw how worried you were when the incident happened."