I.

The Bounty

The Mandalorian

Just the sight of the him elicited a sense fear and awe. Many had never seen a mandalorian before and those who had stared didn't dare stare to long as the man of armor strolled into the cantina. They shot stolen glances, quick and fleeting, in fear of irritating the mandalorian. It never did end well, getting on the wrong side of one.

He scanned the cantina, eyes passing over huddled creatures and organics alike, sipping drinks and murmuring in hushed whispers. He reached a small table, settling into the chair which creaked beneath his weight. Greef Karga glanced up, surprise flickering across his face before it was replaced by a knowing smirk. 

"Well, that was fast." He mused, leaning back against his chair. "Did you catch them all?"

Wordlessly, Mando placed a handful of tracking fobs on the table, his actions speaking louder than words. Karga scoffed and clicked his tongue with a grin. 

"I'll take that as a yes. You're on a hot streak, aren't ya? Can't bother to leave some jobs for the others." he laughed. "You never have been one for generosity." 

"It was hardly a job." Mando said, voice coming out deep and modulated. "Paid vacation, maybe." They had been far too easy to be considered a hunt. "What's your highest?"

Greef Karga shrugged. "Not much. Five thousand, maybe."

"That won't even cover fuel these days, you've got to have something else." Karga glanced up for a moment but stayed silent, sliding Mando's money across the table. Mando tilted his head. "What?"

Karga seemed as though he was going to hold back, but eventually his resolve broke and he leaned forward on his elbows. "There is one job. Just came in this morning. Buyer has real deep pockets if you know what I mean, but you've come a bit late to the party, my friend." 

Mando tilted his head in a silent question.

"Rumors have it that it's a top priority bounty, see, so hundreds of tracking fobs around. Not just from the guild, outside scum as well. Buyer doesn't care how it gets done. The others are probably hot on the bounty's trail by now."

"How much?"

"Did you not hear the part when I said you're a bit too late?" Karga asked with a sigh. 

"The job's not done until it's done." Mando said. 

Karga laughed. "100,000 New Republic credits." 

Mando stiffened. "That would pay a lot more than fuel."

"It certainly would." 

"Who is it?" 

Karga pulled out a fob and puck, placing it before him. As soon as it touched the table, a hologram lit up. The picture was blurred and the holo flashed in and out of focus but Mando could see well enough. It was a woman with dark, inky hair and wide, grey eyes. She looked unsure what was going on, the picture having been snapped while she had been looking off to the side, as though she was looking at someone out of view. 

It was interesting. There was clearly fear in her eyes, but there was a sense of fierceness to them. At least that was what Mando gathered. The holo was complete garbage so he could have been completely wrong.