VII.

Savior

Bryn

She was suffocating. Panic clawed at her throat, tightly wrapping around her mind in a whirlwind of painful thoughts.

After the Mandalorian had left Greylock, he kept her in the dark room, waiting, panicking. He knew that keeping her in the dark -both physically and mentally- would do terrible things to her, and she knew it was only the beginning of whatever punishment he had in store for her.

Finally, the door swung open and Bryn tensed, dreading the person who entered. At the sight of Greylock she realized how foolish it was not to welcome the darkness. It was nowhere near as suffocating as him.

His lips twisted into a grin and he offered out his arm. "It's time to go, my angel." He told her sweetly.

Bryn stared at his arm, heart pounding. The gesture was one of a choice but she knew she had none. She didn't want to know what would happen if she refused. 

Biting back her trembling lips, she stepped forward and slowly slid her hand over his arm. 

His grin widened and she held back the urge to punch it off his face.  Greylock dragged her out of the building, nearly blinding her with the sudden light. The suns were slowly setting but the sudden change of light had her blinking violently. 

Guards appeared from the shadows and Bryn nearly jumped out of her skin, hating how they always did that. She had no idea how she escaped them before. She had no doubt it had been luck, after all, they were Greylock's most elite. 

At Baize's harsh glare behind her, she had a feeling that escaping wouldn't be so easy this time. Bryn couldn't help but feel humiliated as Greylock dragged her towards the familiar ship. It was huge, much bigger than the Razor Crest but the vintage ship gave off a much more comfortable vibe. Here, all she saw was a prison.

Bryn felt her steps slow as they reached the ship, but she never got the chance to stop with Greylock's harsh arm around her and Baize far too close for comfort. 

Baize had never done anything to physically hurt her, after all, Greylock hated broken toys, but he loved messing with her mind, taunting and seeing her break. No matter how strong she tried to act in front of him, he always somehow managed to get beneath her skin. 

"Keep up, angel." Baize hissed behind her and she had no choice but to keep up her steps, being dragged even closer to Greylock's side. 

She wrinkled her nose at the smell of leather and whatever minty cologne he had on. Bryn instead found herself missing the woodsy sent of the Mandalorian. 

As soon the the thought passed her mind her cheeks burned. How could she think like that? He was the man who took her freedom. Although Greylock had placed the bounty, he was the man who held no remorse and traded her for money.

Bryn's footsteps echoed on the metal as they neared the ship. She shut her eyes and was about to enter when the sudden sound of a blaster caused her to spin around in surprise. Before she even had time to realize what was happening, another shot sounded, shooting two of Greylock's guards dead in an instant. 

Greylock gripped her tightly and moved to throw her into the ship but before he could another blast shot towards her. 

Bryn cried out and shut her eyes, waiting for the pain, but instead the shot skillfully hit Greylock's arm around her and he quickly let her go, jerking back as he let out a howl of pain.