VI.

Back to him

Bryn

Her lips trembled. No matter how hard she tried to put on a brave facade Bryn knew the Mandalorian could see right through it. Each step towards the bounty hunter's guild instilled fear in her veins, causing her to look for any escape although she knew it was worthless to try.

Mando's grip on her was light but tight enough to warn her from running. The heat beat down on her skin and she took in a shaky breath. She was surprised when Mando interrupted the silence. 

"Are you a witch?" 

Bryn almost tripped at the sudden question. "Excuse me?" 

"Back at the Crest, what did you do to me?" He demanded, voice harder than stone. 

"What are you...?" Her voice trailed once she realized what he was talking about. When she had tried to use her powers on him. She swallowed thickly. He had no idea what she was. She lifted her chin and tried her best to keep a straight face as she lied. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you're going soft." She quickly turned away from him before he could reply.

She shuffled as they entered a dark room with only a flickering light illuminating it. She shivered as a man appeared, someone she didn't recognize. His lips split into a smile at the sight of her and she tensed, already not liking the man. 

"Mando!" He called. His wandering eyes scanned Bryn as she held his gaze, glaring at him, though the action only seemed to amuse him. "I was beginning to think she slipped through your fingers."

Mando said nothing and clenched her shoulder harder as though reluctant to let her go but she quickly dismissed the thought as ridiculous. "Where is he?" His voice echoed in the silence and Bryn's eyes fluttered across the room as silver armored guards filled the room. Very familiar silver guards.

Her breath caught to her throat and her heart nearly stopped at the familiar body guards. 

He really was here. 

Greef Karga said nothing but clicked his tongue and jerked his head to the room in the back. "Wouldn't want to keep him waiting any longer than you already have." As he passed he winked at Bryn. "Darling,"

She snarled.

As Greef Karga left, the silence settled in and Mando pushed her forward, towards the daunting door in front of them. All she wanted to do was shut her eyes and pretend this was just a nightmare but Mando's rough hand brought her crashing back to reality.

The guards parted. They weren't storm troopers, Bryn could handle them if they were, but instead they wore silver armor lined with red, a hood covering their heads. Their masks only covered half their face, leaving their cold eyes on her. 

As they past the guards Bryn was blocked by a tall man and she had to force herself to look up. His cold blue eyes seemed to pierce through her and she could almost feel him grinning beneath his mask. She recognized him immediately. Baize. One of his first knights. 

She swallowed, noticing the jagged scar which ran down his once handsome face and memories flashed back, forcing her to remember how she gave it to him. It was a very satisfying moment.

Bryn tried to break away from his gaze but his gloved hand snatched her jaw, digging his nails into her skin, forcing her up. It looked as though he was about to speak but before he could Mando pushed her forward, moving to the side so he came between her and Baize. 

She could almost feel the glare radiating off of Mando but she didn't have time to give it any thought. The doors opened and the sudden darkness seemed to coil around her.