II.

Captured

Bryn

Bryn nearly tripped over her own feet as she ran, lungs burning with exhaustion as she weaved her way through the town. She didn't dare look back as she blurred through the streets, shoving people out of her path. She couldn't see the mandalorian, but she didn't need to. She could feel him closing in on her, and it was suffocating.

Her thoughts collided together in a whirlwind of nonsense, each string of thoughts sounding more ridiculous than the last. She would've had a better chance going up against Lucah. It had been going so well, after all, but here she was, out of the hands of a bounty hunter only to be chased by another. The worst thing was, they had found her so easily, throwing away any type of plan she had at hiding. She knew she couldn't run forever, but at the moment there wasn't much else to do. 

Her bare feet clashed against the cold snow, making her skin grow a disturbing purple. She undoubtedly would have gotten a terrible case of frost bite by now if it weren't for her species. Angels tended to have a way of healing themselves quite easily, but it still didn't stop the cold from piercing into her very bones. 

Finally, she got the courage to look back, only to find no sign of the metal man. It was as though he had simply vanished and that sent another trill of fear through her. She had no eyes on him. He could be right in front of her for all she knew. 

Bryn knew she couldn't out run him, she was already weak and drained and there was no way she could win a fight against him, but she could hide. She had been doing it so far, after all. 

She pushed into a large building which was filled to the brim with all types of creatures. The club was huge, thrumming with loud music and smelling of sex and sweat. She was shoved from one person the the next as she tried to move. There was no way he could catch her in there, no way he could see her. She could blend in with the crowd and find a way of the damned planet. 

Bryn slowed down, hating her shortness as she tried to peer over the shoulders of everyone around her, still not spotting any sign of the Mandalorian. How hard could it be to find a huge man covered in metal? She supposed this was a good thing though. Perhaps this meant she had lost him. 

She held her head down, trying to stay out of sight. She didn't need anyone else recognizing her tonight, although the creatures in the bar seemed far too drunk to notice or care.

Hands brushed across her arms and she bumped into dancing people. The building was hot and sweaty, filled with public displays of affection she rather not have seen. These people didn't seem to have a care in the world, something she never had the luxury of knowing. 

Although the music and chattering pounded in her ears, Bryn couldn't hear anything other than her racing heart. She allowed herself to be swept with the crowd and somehow she managed to end up in the corner of the room, escaping the suffocating crowd of people.

She let out a breath, unsure of what to do now. She scanned the crowds but still saw no sign of the Mandalorian and that sent her into a whirlwind of anxiety. There was no way she could've lost him that easily. They were meant to be the most ruthless bounty hunters, hunters which never failed a job, so where was he?

Bryn continued to move away from the wandering touches until she backed up into a wall. 

A metal wall. 

She barely had time to think as she felt the barrel of a blaster placed to her temple and a harsh gloved hand wrapped around the back of her neck. 

"Don't move."