-two-

"i hate you." corbyn scowled at his band mates.  the five were sitting on two benches outside footlocker, across from pacsun.

"no you don't." jack quietly laughed.

meanwhile, the employee at footlocker was scolding the boys, ranting on and on. no one was listening to the man, only himself.

soon, zane, raine, and adelaide arrived at pacsun. they gave odd glances to the boys on the benches, and the man pacing in front of them.

"oh hey!" jonah waved towards them, in an effort to leave the lecture. it must've worked, because the employee mumbled something underneath his breath, and then returned to the store.

"hi." raine responded happily. adelaide slapped her. "hey!" she whisper shouted.

"don't talk to strangers rai!" the older girl scolded.

"look that them, they must be nice." she rolled her eyes as four of the five boys walked over with their twenty shoe bags to introduce themselves. one was left on the bench, sipping out of a boxed juice.

"hi i'm jonah." the tallest held out a hand, which the three girls shook. "that's jack, corbyn, zach, and the one with the apple juice still over on the bench is daniel." jonah pointed to them each in turn.

"nice to meet you!" raine responded happily. adelaide rolled her eyes at her over excited friend. raine was an extrovert, and loved to make friends. "i'm raine, that's adelaide, and zane." she pointed as well.

"like rainbow?" zach blurted out. the girls laughed at him, zane with a silent giggle and smirk.

"sure." raine shrugged. "you can call me that."

"well we're going to have to go." adelaide broke up the conversation, pulling raine and zane along into pacsun.

"wait! can we buy you girls lunch?" corbyn offered. he had gotten over the shoes. raine stopped, making adelaide and zane almost fall over.

"sure!" she said, loudly. she grabbed the other two's hands and the group of seven walked to the food court, in the center of the mall.

"oh. wait, where's dani?" jack looked around for the boy as they stopped at noodles and company.

"i swear if he's still on the bench." jonah huffed.

"i'll go find him!" zach offered. "zane, do you want to come with?" the girl nodded. she wasn't that hungry anyways.

the two walked off, leaving the others to order food. daniel was, in fact, still on the bench.

"i wanted chipotle anyways. it's way better than noodles and company." zach said, making zane quietly giggle. "you don't talk much, huh?" he raised an eyebrow. she shook her head and pulled out her phone to type.

"i don't talk at all." zane wrote. the boy's mouth formed an 'o' shape, and they continued walking. they found daniel, still on the bench. he was scrolling through instagram, and still drinking apple juice.

"dani, let's go." zach pulled him up, forcing him into the real world.

"where'd everyone go? who are you?"

-

i have absolutely no plot for this book but we're gonna see how this goes

what'd you think?

✌︎︎➪