-thirteen-

"don't take it off yet! we're not there!" zach squealed as he led zane to the backyard of the why don't we house. she had a blindfold on, and was threatening to take it off.

the girl huffed, but obeyed. they finally arrived in the backyard, and zach left her side to go turn on little lights that covered the area. he snuck up behind zane, to wrap his arms around her waist.

"ok, take it off." he whispered into her ear. she slowly removed her blindfold. her eyes widened when she saw what zach had set up.

it was a blanket fort, built with other things too, and it had a skylight in the middle. the lights were scattered around the yard, and a string of lights was draped around the fort. they provided some light, as it was already dark out. there was a small campfire near the tent, and items to make s'mores in the tent.

zane tightly hugged her boyfriend after she took it all in, and he returned it. the two walked toward the blanket that was near the fire. zach has grabbed the marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers, along with two roasting sticks.

the two snuggled on the blanket, with their legs crossed, and roasted the marshmallows over the open fire. they were silent, just being together was enough to make the teenagers feel whole and complete.

after about two s'mores each, plus many more marshmallows, zach and zane headed into the small fort. they laid down, and zane placed her head on zach's chest.

the couple stared up at the los angeles sky, looking at the stars. they were quite dim, from the smog from the city.

"i love you zay." zach whispered to her. she pulled her phone out from the back pocket and typed.

"and i love you." she wrote. zane turned her head to look at the boy, and he slowly placed his lips on hers. the kiss lasted for at least ten seconds, and then they pulled away for a breath.

zach sighed, only wishing the girl would open up and talk. he wanted to hear her beautiful voice, and fall asleep to that sound. zane wondered what was wrong, but didn't do anything about it. she wouldn't know what to say, or write rather.

the two continued to lay, watching the stars. zane slowly started to drift off, as zach played with her hair using his fingers. suddenly, a shooting star flew across the sky, and zach made a wish.

"i hope one day you'll open up to me." he spoke. zane heard it, but was too far off to react, or comprehend what he had said.

-

sorry it was shorter

thanks to my m-bear immellowruthherron for the date idea

i have a sad part of a happy song stuck in my head, and the thing is it's not even sad, at all, but my brain is just changing it and now my heart hurts :(

anyways let me know of mistakes

✌︎︎➪