-seventeen-

"you can connect your phone and play music if you want." zach offered. zane had invited him to join her in going to her aunt's house for her birthday. he, of course, accepted. zach wanted to spend as much time with zane as he could.

zane nodded and pulled out her phone from her jean shorts pocket. she set up a queue and connected the phone to zach's car through bluetooth.

the first song started to play. zach immediately recognized it, and laughed. it was their song 'unbelievable'. he hummed along, and then  full out screamed his part, making zane laugh.

the boy loved hearing her voice, even if it wasn't words. to him, it was the most beautiful sound on the planet.

-

"zane! you're here!" zane's aunt, doris exited her house after the couple got out of the car. the girl gave her aunt a hug, as zach retrieved their bags from the backseat. "and who's this handsome hunk?" she asked winking at zach.

"i'm zach, zane's boyfriend, mrs. montgomery." he held out a hand for doris to shake after introducing himself.

"oh please call me aunt doris!" she exclaimed and pulled him into a big bear hug, which was highly unexpected.

zach slowly and hesitantly wrapped his arms around the big lady, as she rocked him back and forth. zane giggled from the background, as they stayed embraced for at least another minute.

"well! come on in! you two must be tired from the drive!" doris exclaimed, finally letting go of zach. the two teens weren't tired from the drive, it was only a few hours after all.

"yeah?" zach shrugged as zane rolled her eyes. doris led them inside the house, and down the stairs, to the room where zane stayed.

"get settled and take a nap! i'll have dinner ready whenever! and then tomorrow we party!" she said, with a lot of energy. with that, doris left them in the room, and closed the door.

"wow. she's a tornado. no actually a hurricane." zach sighed and collapsed on the white duvet of the queen sized bed. zane nodded, giggled, and laid down next to the boy.

"that's aunt doris for you!" the girl wrote in her phone notes.

"you excited for tomorrow?" zach asked. tomorrow, saturday, was zane's nineteenth birthday. she would spend it with her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. maybe her mom and little brother too.

zane nodded. she really was looking forward to it. her hand then reached up to zach's hair, and she started to twist it around in her fingers. zach grinned, he loved it when she played with his hair.

the boy slowly started to drift off to sleep, and zane sat there thinking. she couldn't sleep, and needed it quiet to sleep. the girl continued to play with her boyfriends hair. she had one fear about tomorrow, and she didn't know what she would do if it came true.

her dad, might call, or worse, he might show up at the party.

-

this book is almost over :(

check out my original book -                   https://my.w.tt/pXAfuuUwJ8
i don't think you'll regret it :)

let me know of mistakes

✌︎︎➪