-three-

"oh my." zach face palmed himself, and shook his head. zane just stood there with an amused smile on her face. "i'm not explaining any of this to you."

"come on please?" daniel begged, with puppy eyes. zach just shook his head and the three started walking back to the food court. "will you tell me?" he turned to zane.

"zane don't!" zach yelled. the girl stood wide eyed, frozen. a moment later, she regained her composure, and shook her head shyly. zach and daniel had small frowns on their faces, wondering what had happened. they brushed it off though, and kept walking.

soon the trio was back at the food court. jonah and jack were the only ones left in line. daniel went over to noodles and company as well. zach and zane spotted adelaide, raine, and corbyn seated at a table, big enough for the eight young adults.

"want to come get chipotle with me?" zach whispered into zane's ear and she nodded. the boy grabbed her soft hand and pulled her excitedly over to the restaurant.

over at the table with the others, jack and jonah were seated too, and daniel was just ordering.

"so is zane just really shy or something?" jack asked after swallowing a bite of japanese pan noddles.

"she doesn't talk much." adelaide shrugged and kept eating.

"why?" corbyn asked this time.

"when she was ten her dad became an alcoholic, he abused her and her little brother." raine explained. "she used to talk when we were little, but then, yeah."

"oh." jonah's eyes went wide after the first part.

"yeah." raine then moved onto a different topic. "so what do you guys do?"

"we're in band." daniel spoke as he sat down with his mac and cheese, along with another apple juice.

"so you guys play out of your grandma's garage?" adelaide snorted, imagining it.

"no." jack extended the vowel and rolled his eyes. "look us up."

"you didn't tell her the name yet, stupid." corbyn smacked his younger friend's shoulder. jack rubbed the arm, and mouthed an 'ow'.

"why don't we." jonah told the girls.

"why don't we what?" raine asked looking up from her phone where she had instagram opened.

"that's the name." daniel explained. raine nodded and looked back down, typing.

"whoa!" she gasped and showed the device to adelaide. "you guys are famous." the older girl raised an eyebrow skeptically, after seeing the social media page.

"bull." adelaide rolled her eyes.

"what we talking about?" zach and zane joined the other's with their chipotle.

"they say their famous, zay." adelaide told the youngest.

"we are." zach said with a full mouth.

"prove it." adelaide raised her eyebrow again, and challenged the boys.

"ok after we eat." jack shrugged.

"why are you so skeptical anyway, lai?" raine asked her friend.

"i'm not." she denied.

"sure." daniel shrugged. the eight finished eating, and the boys led the girls to an area of the mall where it was less busy. they formed a small circle, including the girls, and began to sing.

"nice to nice to know ya, let's do it again." they harmonized, zach with the melody. jonah sang bass, and corbyn was the highest. daniel and jack filled in at tenor and alto. "how we did it on a one night stand. girl i wanna be more than a friend, do ya?" the boys finished. the last note echoed through the empty halls, but was overtaken with applause from the girls.

"now do you believe us?" daniel turned to adelaide.

"um, no?"

-

i kinda don't like this chapter

i think i know where this book is going but idk yet

let me know of mistakes

✌︎︎➪