-sixteen-

"why is it so small?!" zach asked, holding up a banner that said 'happy birthday' on it."

"that's what she said." adelaide smirked and grabbed the decoration from the boy.

"oh shut up." zach groaned and stole it back. he got up on a stool and secured it above the doorframe. the group of three was trying to be quiet, as they didn't want to wake zane.

"here's the cake!" mila entered the house with a cake stand and cake. it was a chocolate cake, with different shades of green frosting. it also said 'happy birthday' on it.

"perfect!" raine exclaimed before blowing up a balloon. they all followed her lead and soon there were about forty blown up. adelaide grabbed the tape, and we began hanging them up, along with streamers.

"ok, i'm done." zach announced after hanging up the last balloon. 

"me too." mila nodded. the group went into the main room, and collapsed on the two couches. in no time, they were sleeping peacefully.

-

zane awoke from her sleep as the light shined through her curtain. it was two days until her nineteenth birthday on saturday.

zane checked her phone to see that it was nine o'clock. she hopped out of bed and put a tshirt over her sports bra. she kept on her grey joggers and left the room.

she noticed the green and white balloons, along with a ton of streamers hanging all over the place, but didn't think much of it as no one had yelled 'surprise' or 'happy birthday' at her. she walked into the bathroom, and brushed her bed head out, after washing her face. zane did her business, and then left to go into the main room.

on the couches, she saw zach, raine, adelaide, and mila, sleeping. the tv wasn't on, and zane got an idea. she pulled up youtube on the tv, and searched 'obnoxious happy birthday songs'. after clicking on the first one, she turned the volume all the way up.

"holy-" adelaide screamed and fell of the couch. she covered her ears as the others bolted awake too.

"turn it down!" raine screamed as zach tried to grab the remote. zane was giggling uncontrollably, so it was easy for her boyfriend to steal it. zach lowered the volume and now the four could hear again.

"why would you do that?" mila asked, chuckling a little. zane just shrugged but kept an amused smile on her face. the group got up and walked out the kitchen, where the cake, and plates were set out.

"happy birthday." zach wrapped his arms around zane's waist as he crept up behind her. she turned and gave the boy a kiss on the cheek, which made them both blush.

"happy birthday!" the rest of why don't we came through the front door and greeted. they each gave zane a hug, and then joined the others around the island counter.

"what kind of cake?" Corbyn asked as mila began to dish it.

"chocolate!" raine replied.

"eww." daniel's face squeezed up in a disgusted look.

"shut up dani."

-

there's only six chapters left... :(

how long does it normally take you guys to write a chapter? it takes me a few hours start to finish.

let me know of mistakes

✌︎︎➪