-fifteen-

"i'll be right back." zach said as he hopped up the stairs in the why don't we house and into his room. his phone was low on battery, and he needed a charger before they went to the mall.

zane sat on the couch, waiting for him, and answered her snapchat. just then, corbyn walked in from getting cereal from walmart.

"oh hey zane!" he greeted and pushed the door shut with his foot. zane nodded, acknowledging that the boy was there.

"when she said you don't talk, she really meant it, huh?" he laughed and set down a few bags. he joined zane on the couch, wanting to get to know his band mate's girlfriend more.

zane nodded, with a little blush, embarrassed. corbyn was about to ask the girl another question, but zach rumbled down the stairs just in time to save her.

"ready?" zach asked zane as she stood from the couch. she nodded and the two headed out the door.

"sorry about corbyn, he's a nerd." zach laughed as they got in the car. zane released a giggle too, and grabbed her phone to say something.

"it's alright." she wrote as zach took off.

-

zach shot out of bed as his phone loudly rang from where it was plugged in on his nightstand. it was almost two in the morning, and he had been sleeping peacefully. but someone, had to interrupt that.

"yeah?" zach spoke. his voice came out raspy and quietly. he hadn't even bothered to check the caller id.

"hey, so it's zane's birthday on saturday, and she'll be going to her aunt's house for it. so today we're giving her a surprise party." raine's voice was ejected from the speaker.

"and why exactly did you call me at two in the morning, rainbow?" zach asked, and collapsed his torso on the bed.

"we're setting up for it now, and you get to come help." she told him.

"why?"

"because you're a guy." she explained.

"sexist." he mumbled under his breath.

"what was that herron?!" raine erupted.

"nothing nothing."

"that's what i thought." there was silence on both ends of the line for a few moments, and then raine spoke up again. "well are you coming?"

"oh. i guess." he grumbled. after hanging up, zach stumbled out of bed, grabbing black joggers from his messy floor. he slipped them on over his boxers, and went to the closet. he grabbed a dark green hoodie, that he had gotten in canada. zach put that over his bare back, and he grabbed a beanie he stole from daniel. the beanie would cover his bed head.

the boy rummaged around on his dresser to find his keys, and after knocking a few thing over, he did find them.

zach left his dark and cozy room, to quietly creep down the stairs. he unlocked the front door and left his driveway in jonah's car. the older boy would be mad, but zach was doing it for a good reason.

his phone rang again, and his lock screen of himself and zane lit up. raine was calling again. he answered and her voice shouted.

"what's taking so long?!"

-

ladies and gentlemen, i, emma, FINALLY know where this book is going!

it's actually almost over which sucks but whatever

let me know of mistakes

✌︎︎➪